Message Update ??? Are they working on anything?

noor_iqb

Registered Users (C)
I got 6 emails from CRIS ( 3 for myself and 3 for my wife ) saying that they received Finger Print Result on April 8, 2005 ( Note : this is almost after 8 months...what a strange :confused: ) Any ways, I think this is the good start for this New Year. What does this mean ? Gurus reply.

noor_iqb said:
I got 6 emails from CRIS ( 3 for myself and 3 for my wife ) saying that they received Finger Print Result on April 8, 2005 ( Note : this is almost after 8 months...what a strange :confused: ) Any ways, I think this is the good start for this New Year. What does this mean ? Gurus reply.

Dear noor:

That is nothing. If they tell you name checking result, then you can get your G/C within days. Most of us are stuck in name checking.

noor_iqb said:

People in California like to work on holidays :)

I also got three emails from CRIS indicating that on May 14, the results of fingerprint reviews were received. I thought that was because I checked my case status in the middle of December. I was told that my case is pending on security check. My lawyer told me usually the security check takes 4-8 months. But from this board, it seems 4-8 months is like a dream speed. What should be my realistic expectation? Has anyone actually got their security check done without getting congressman or senator involved?

Thanks!

1 year 2 months and counting.

Its been 1 year 2 months since I applied for 485, application is pending name check. My application is current and not affected by retrogression even though I am form one of the affected countries. I guess this is the last barrier.
I have involved senators and congressmen to no avail.

musicbox2000 said:
I also got three emails from CRIS indicating that on May 14, the results of fingerprint reviews were received. I thought that was because I checked my case status in the middle of December. I was told that my case is pending on security check. My lawyer told me usually the security check takes 4-8 months. But from this board, it seems 4-8 months is like a dream speed. What should be my realistic expectation? Has anyone actually got their security check done without getting congressman or senator involved?

Thanks!