Message for sk4465 ( Address change )

Kannancr

Registered Users (C)
There are two things which you can do
1. Dont change address with INS. Give change of address to post office for you and your wife ( most important to give for ur wife also ). INS sends copy of FP/Approval to you in old address which gets forwarded. Anyway lawyer gets original FP/Approval which will sent to you. But all this FP/Passport stamping after approval goes to Boston only. After stamping call INS and tell your current address since they send plastic cards there only.

Note : I did this only and planning to update my address now.

2. Give your friend address if he lives there for long time. If you give your friend address which is in vermont area mostly they will ask you to go for FP/Stamping in boston only where you filed 485. But some people posted in this forum they went to nearby INS and did FP/Passport stamping since they are in Vermont area only.

The first one is bit tensed but I dont have a friend who lives in East for long time but looks ok since mails get forwarded and lawyer gets original.

Akshaya Kannan

Quick question...

Kannancr,
    So when we go for stamping , do they ask us for driver\'s license
or other thing to verify the current residence ? because as you know
once we move it will have different address.
Or can we just show them passport and EAD and get it done

Thanks Akshaya Kannan

I saw your reply on the prev. thread.

Can you answer the above question also.

Thanks

No They wont ask any ID

They ask for your approval / EAD Cards / Adv Parole if any plus photographs. Also they will ask whether you moved to different address. If you say yes they will update it in the system there itself. they will not ask any other ID.

Thank you ... and ... one more ...

Kannancr,
So if i request them to change address right there , then i should be all set to receive the plastic card at my new address right ?
and no need to call Vermonth again. Or it is adiffrent system in your view.

Thanks once again for sharing the info and good luck and hope you will get your card soon..

Answer for above

Hopefully all are the same system so if you update there no need to call INS. But I have not done that since I might move now next week or two. So I am planning to call after I move so that I will get my cards in my new address. But if you are sure thay you will be in current address then give it during stamping. No need to call INS again