Message changed from Documents received to Case Approved-- backwards

dingoe153154

Hi Friends,

I got my passport stamped I-551 at San Jose in March. After 15 days, message changed to " Documents received or whatever....".

But on June 11 , AVM changed to " Your case has been approved. An approval notice was mailed to you..blah blah..."
And I received a new Approval notice.

Called up INS 5 times and everytime they asked me to ignore that notice . But being unsure, I called up again, and this times, a very helpful IIO told me that my file was sent to storage area and she would request for it.
Then, I called up again after 15 days, the system showed them as "Case Approved...and notice was sent.." Means nothing was done till then.

My wife has already received her plastic card though AVM for her changed much later than mine.

Can anybody provide some information regarding what to do next and how to get the exact status of the card.
Any help will be appreciated. THanks in advance !!

I called INS several times they told me my plastic card was pending. My passport was stamped on Oct. 2001. Today I called again. The girl told me they have not received my document (fingerprint, photos, and form) from the local office where my passport was stamped. They asked me to go to the local office to do that again. Maybe the local office did forgot to sent my file to NSC (it is hard to believe). Maybe that is the way INS is using to get more time for themselve. Anyone who have been waiting long for their plastic card may want to call INS to make sure they get your document from you local INS where you stamped.

This is just my guess. Does anyone have different opinion?