Mesg to Govinda Vinod and Jelly Bean

tailgate

Registered Users (C)
Hi Govinda and Jelly Bean,
Any new developments with regardsto 485 approval after I-140 redo approval. Did any of u have any recent conversation with IIO\'s. Looks like we are the only ones waiting with I-140 approved in Dec Jan . Post any updates

No Title

Hi Tailgate,
I have had no luck getting any encouraging piece of info from the IIOs. You seem to be correct about You, Govinda and me being the only few unfortunate ones.

No Title

Thanks Jelly Bean. I am wondering if our appliations are by mistake put in the pile of \'HOLD\' applications waiting to be issued RFE\'s due to name change. Did u speak to the IIO in thr recent past. Govinda any comments.

No Title

Sorry, I did not reply earlier, I was sick and kind of missed this one. But, NO, I still don\'t have my approval yet, and what\'s more, I had asked a Senator\'s office to find out why my application was being delayed. The lady there called me back after 5 days and told me that that my application is with an officer and that it is still pending and that INS Vermont asked her to call up after "60 days". She also mentioned that there were no guaruntees that the application would actually be approved in 60 days. I am seeing approvals for applications filed in Oct - Dec 1999 and am at a loss as to what to do. Do you folks have any suggestions? And did you take any steps yourselves?????
I have also sent you a private message on this board....
Thanks & Regards,
(vinod)

No Title

Hi Govinda,
I guess u got sick becuase of the VSC delays. Cant blame U. I tried calling IIO a few days back. She says all is well in my case. I-140 and 485 is linked with th A# . I also mentioned I have finished 540 and also 60 days after vsc recd RFe. She told me that she will inform her supervisor abt my case. She seemed to nice in the sense that she was giving a pateint hearing to my story. I dont know if she would initaite any action. I have to wait and see. I am also thinking of contacting the senator after waiting for a few more days. God help us and let our luck change fast.

No Title

Guys, Sorry for interfering in your discussions. I just saw a posting about getting approval after I-140 redo for the Mastech employee.
It may give some boosting to your situation....

Posted By: abcisn 3/20/01 11:04 AM
(#53 of 53)
Country-India
Category-EB3
FP-7/99
I140 redo-Dec 13 \'00
Company-emplifi

No Title

Hello tailgate, Well, I have been sick of VSC for the past 1 year, but this was different. Anyways, I have talked to a Congressman\'s office yesterday and am waiting to hear abck from them - maybe something will happen. If not, I am going to send a letter to the Senator explaining the situation and telling him that simply repeating the "60 days" story is not going to do me any good, and that somebody needs to find out why this case is taking longer than their so called 540 days. Also I will be completing my "60 days" on April 01, so I will call the INS directly during the 1st week of April and find out for myself what they are going to say....

No Title

Thats the reason I called IIO lately. She was nice to speak( I mean Polite) and she listened to patiently but she did not have an answer when I stresses that sixty has passes since RFE recd and I-140 approved and also its past 560 days. She told all she can do is that She will talk to her supervisor. she told that i-140 and 485 are linked and she was able to pull up my i-140 approval based on my A#. She told its with the officer and is not on hold. I hope she does something and the supervisor triggers off some action. After I have am learning to live on hopes. Dunno when or hopes will turn to reality. keep me posted

No Title

If the sentor\'s office approach did not work in Govinda\'s case, frankly speaking I am at a complete loss as to what will actually work. Govinda, hope you get well soon.

No Title

Hi Jelly Bean & tailgate, even though the Senator\'s office approach did not work in my case, I think that is the only way we can get something moved @ VSC, since calling up IIOs has an even lesser probability of succeeding. My experience has been that unless you can get through to a resonable IIO who is in a good moos and also willing to listen to you and understand your problem, the effort spent in calling them up is a total waste. These people simply brush you off with a standrd answer like 2 weeks, 2 - 4 weeks, etc., and there is nothing much more that you can do.
On the suggestion of a friend who had to go through this pain, I am now planning to write a letter to a Senator/Congressman and explain the whole situation and "officially" ask them to find out/interfere. I hope that at least this attempt will bear fruit.....