Memphis Stamping Experience

michal

Registered Users (C)
Dear forum visitors,
Memphis is running as smooth as Texas Service Center if not smoother.
I had to wait about an hour to get to the window but the actual stamping did not take more than 5 minutes.
I needed only the passport, I-94 and photos, and the coutesy copy of the approval notice.
To get the plastic card I was told I will have to wait 10-12 months. Is this normal?

Michal.

I had my passport stamped in Memphis, and got the card in 19 days after the stamping. I received at least five welcome letters in the mean time. :D

It's very irregular! I had mine stamped in Memphis on May 11 and so far got nothing yet, not even online message change. I have a friend that got his 2 month after the stamping.

I think it depends on the officer that stamped your passport, and the timely fashion they order the card. The officer that did mine looked very organized, and my attorney said the same thing about him.

ID Answer

US Immigrant,

I did not have to show any ID. To the security officer at the door I showed my approval notice and to the lady at the window I showed only the items listed by the approval notice.

I had all my previous advance parole documents and work authorization documents with me just in case. Of course I had my drivers license but never had to show it.

Michal.