Medicals

satishkt

Registered Users (C)
My Labor just got approved last week and I am preparing to file my I-140&I-485 ASAP. We are planning to have a baby, So we are not suppose to have vaccinations.

So Is it ok if I file now with out medicals and submit later when ever we are ready to take. Is this delays my EAD card & AP

or

We should take TB & Blood test and attach a letter from doctor saying we can't take vaccinations at this point because we are planning to have baby .

Your replies will be highly appreciated

satishkt-medicals

go to web and find out the list of INS approved Drs in your area. Call the # and usually a nurse answers all the questions. You will not send anything of your own/ on your own. The sealed envelope will be given to you by the Dr and that shd be enclosed with rest of the petition. They always tell you if something is wrong; a friend was given a copy of the report. Is n't it nice!
A gentleman got Tb skin test positive, the Dr ignored saying its not important since he was vaccinated as a child, another person with positive TB skin test was 'advised' to take INH medicine for 6 months. Its not 'mandatory' to take med. but 'recommended'. Finally, my feeling is even if one tests +ve for skin test and -ve on chest X-ray, nothing will be imposed. If one tests +ve with both, its sensible to take medication for ones own good. so call the Dr's office and they will be friendly, believe me. I think TB disease doesn't result in denial of Immigration. Not a legal advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have medical done now

A friend was in the same boat. They did the medical at the time of filing 485..alongwith the Tetnus shot and a TB test on the skin and got a waiver from the doctor to waive the MMR vaccine due to pregnancy.
They just got approved without an RFE.

It does depend on the officer that gets your file...some consider the waiver and approve the case. Others will disregard the waiver and send an RFE.
It is a chance you take so maybe your case will slow down and maybe not.
But if you do not do the medical now then your case will definitely slow down because you are guaranteed an RFE for medical later.

One more thing...you cannot get the MMR vaccine if you are pregnant or nursing the child. Keep that in mind.

Good luck.

Hi satishKT

One of my frens got a faxed copy from a doctor in INdia that he have been vaccinated in the childhood for so and so vaccinations..and the doctor accepted. even for the TB.he got it.
For TB it shud be done within a year

And I guess as a matter of fact we get all the vaccinations in the childhood.

And if not I think if u do not put the medical i guess its no bog deal just u will get an RFE..

Seniors please input

Don't think too much about medicals. Its a simple process. Just tell the doctor about pregnency and Doctors KNOW what to do. They won't do chest X-ray even if the skin test is positive for pregnent women. And they don't give certain vaccince also.