Medicals question

super_yoshi_200

Registered Users (C)
Hello, this is my first post here....

I sent my I485 in february 2002 and I know the application says you are supposed to send the medical with it, but our lawyer suggested to send it at a later time since the medical expires in a year, so we just sent the medicals back in april. We probably saved money since we won't have to resubmit the medicals (hopefully hahah) but do you think this will cause any delays. Does anyone have experience in submitting the medicals at a later time?

The other thing i want to know is what triggers interviews and what are the chances of getting one.

Thanks

Yes, I submitted the medical after one year of submitting 485 application and BCIS is able to match it with the appliction and my cases was approved in time !!

So do not worry !!!!!!

super_yoshi_200
me to, I sent out medical after 6 months of submitting I-485
Did you get any receipt from BCIS?

Thank .

I thought medical expire after one year only if you do not file I-485 - once I-485 is filed medical do not expire - may be I am wrong.

I thought so, too. And I thought they wouldn't accept your I-485 appl. without medical...

no i did not get any reciept that they received the medicals and the medicals do expire after a year... it says on www.bcis.gov

I guess you can apply without it since I did and many times they request the medicals for the interview....

I'm no expert at this stuff that's why I was asking but hopefully it won't make a difference

Exactly where on the BCIS site does it state that medicals expire in 1 year? Please do not post false information.

Originally posted by gc131
Exactly where on the BCIS site does it state that medicals expire in 1 year? Please do not post false information.

http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-693.htm

I do not post false info....

it does expire but they probably do not require a new one once you file, since i haven't seen anyone with that problem yet... my lawyer suggested we send it at a later time ... but it probably madde no diference

Thanks for the direct link. Sorry, you are right - it is not false information. Thewording of the information, however, seems to imply that as long as the medical is valid at the time you apply for I-485, it is legally ok for BCIS. Another poster said that BCIS does not generally require a redo of the medicals unless it has reason to suspect there may be a medical issue. On the other hand, I believe the fingerprints must be redone after 15 months.