Medicals & pregnancy

sri2007

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Today I received letter from Canada embassy in Buffalo requesting to do
medicals within 60 days.Also they asked me to send Right to permanent resident fee(490 USD) within 90 days.

I dont have a doctor near my place and need to travel for 3 hours to get an approved doctor.My wife is pregnant and due in september end.
Should I inform the embassy about this and can I request extra time
to complete medicals.?

Also do I need to add my newborn to the application ?

Appreciate your advise/tips.

Thanks

If you wife can't take the medical exam now (which is likely, according to what you describe !), yes, you need to inform the embassy to postpone.

You will need to add the baby to the application. You will most likely need a copy of the birth certificate, pictures and the processing fee. The baby will have to undergo medical examination as well as you and your wife. The child will need her own passport or he/she must be included in your or your spouse’s passport.

Congratulation for the baby ;)

Another pregnancy question

We did the Medical for my pregnant wife in February in Cairo. Now her file is transferred to Buffalo since she's here in the US now. We received a letter yesterday telling her that she passed initial assessment and will not need and interview and that we need to:

- get her the medical exam done using forms that they're sending her!!
- pay the RFPR ($490).

We have 2 questions:

- Why do the medical again??! Does it expire in 6 months or does she have to redo it because she's in the US now? Or is it a mistake on their part?
- How do we pay the RFPR fees? To Missisauga or to Buffalo? $490 Canadian or US?

Thanks for your help