Medicals for I-485...confusion..please help

Krish2001

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,

I am about to file my I-485. I requested my lawyers if it is ok to go ahead and complete medicals so that there wont be any further delays. I got a blatant reply...NO!!!!. I am not clear as why?. Now, if i am doing medicals, is it required for me/lawyers to fill out the form or some sort of that thing. Even if it is necessary, can\'t I complete the medicals and later get filled the info from the doctor..I cannot understand what problem my lawyer has in her life... Please help me out if you or some of your friends did this before.

Thanks.

Yes you can

You can do your medical ahead of 140 approval - in fact it is a good idea to do so, you can save atleast 2 weeks time. Medical report is valid for 1 year. The only downside is if your 140 does not get approved then you loose the money spent for it, and it is not covered by medical insurance.
Hope this helps.

Cerainly you can do the medicals, There is no problem in doing so

In fact I would say when you apply you should apply with the medicals
in a sealed cover ( you are not supposed to open the cover). This will save you lot of time and avoid an RFE in the final stage.
I think your attorney is trying to screw you a lot , by getting an RFE and replying RFE will make them milk you.,

Be aware of such fellows.

Aditya

further question

what if i485 has been filed without medical test, is there anyway to renew the 485 package instead of refile it.

thanks in advance