Medicals for Chennai Interview

A Wait

Registered Users (C)
We have done our medicals here in the US. I understand we still need to get our medicals done in Chennai. Do we need to take the shots again?

No Title

Check with Dr. Vijayalakshmi. She accepts all the vaccination records.

Whom do we contact first? Doctor Or Lister Lab

I am in the same boat. (We already did our medicals in US). But I read in the Chennai Consul web site that we need to contact Lister Labs first and then contact Doctor. In this case, what do we do? Shall we contact the Doctor first and then get her advice on whether to goto Lister Lab or not?

The best thing is call both of them one after the other

Anyway you have already finished you medicals here in US. so once you reach India
just call both of them and find out.

My feeling is even if you don\'t need to take shots you still need to complete your lab tests
at Lister lab. Then based on the reports doctor may skip all the shots you already had and
gives you the report.

I doesn\'t seem logical to me, the doctor giving certified report without looking at lab results.

my 2 cents.

No Title

Superman,

Can you please (if you know) post all the lab tests, medical exams and vaccinations that will be needed for CP? Thank you,

Talk to Dr. whether they accept or not.

They can waive vaccine requirements. But I don\'t think they can waive tests. Dr. need consulate approve Lab Results to do the Medical Cert.
Vaccines required are MMR; Vericella if you did not infected by Chickenfox. Rest of them including Td are not that important and Dr. Vijaya Lakshmi and most others waive rest of them.

I fully endorse your opinion

I advise all future cpers not go to Dr Mathai as he has put us through hell to issue medical report

No appointments needed for Lister Lab. Right ?

I was under the impression that one doesn\'t need to call ahead and take an appointment at Lister Lab. I thought it was done on a walk-in basis. Isn\'t that true ?

You do however have to take an appointment with the doctor.