Medical Tests

dont know

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am applying for I-485. I called the INS approved physician and he is asking for $400.
Is that what you pay for this? Any money saving measures would be appreciated.

Thanks

No Title

Try to call different doctors and goto the area where lots of immigrants stay. It should be approx. between $200-300.

No Title

If you are in bay area you go to Dr. Albert Gomez in San Jose.
They are very reasonable and it will cost you under $200.

No Title

$400 sounds pretty high. It usually cost $110/person for immunization and $100/person for blood test for disease. Most of the company reimburse immigration related cost, talk to HR. Or you can try find a public hospital in your area, off course listed in INS.

No Title

I did my medical last Oct. I paid only $70 in total to the doctor for the test, and got free immunization in county\'s health agency. BTW, I live in Orange county.

No Title

I paid about $100 in San Jose, CA. I don\'t remember the exact address but the guy is on Jose Fingures Ave. If you go to this street you can\'t miss this place. This doctor is next to a building where construction is going on. There will be lot of people hanging out side his clinic. Office is more closer to Alam rock.
This is a small street and I hope you can find it. The link to the map is as
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BF...oi=&poititle=&map.x=336&map.y=144
Good luck

No Title

Thanks for the info,
Do you guys know of any county public health clinic, where I can get the shots,
I think I have to take only TD and MMR, Right.

No Title

You can go to Santa Clara county health certer. They will charge $10 for shot srevice and $10 for shot. I just had MMR, the other one they didn\'t have. so I got wavier for TD. The doctor office will give you option to get it from county office for $20 or pay $60 at there office to get it there. The first day you go they will give your blood sample and later after 2 days they will ask you to come to take the result. During these 2 days you can get your shot from county office.

No Title

i went to Dr Albert Gomez in San Jose too. They give you an optionof doing vaccinations at their clinic or at the county health office. the county office is cheap - $10/person. I chose to do it at their clinic - it cost me approx $200 / person for everything.

waiver for TD shot due to national shortage of the shot

Where did you get the waiver for TD? What did Dr. Gomez\'s office say
about the waiver? I am trying to get the TD vaccination right now.
Dr. Gomez\'s office told me to go to my own doctor for it, because
they don\'t have it in their office due to national shortage of this
shot. My doctor told me the same story about the shortage. What
should I do now? Where can I get the waiver?