medical tests in Chennai

GCsucks2003

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I have my interview in Chennai on 21st Jan (Wednesday).
I plan to leave here on the 16th and arrive in Chennai on Sunday 18th. That leaves me 2 days to finish Lister labs (19th) and doctor appointment on 20th.

Is this feasible?

But according to Chennai consulate website -

"All applicants must have tests performed at the Lister Laboratory. You need not schedule an appointment at the Lister
Laboratory, but should allow at least three working days before their scheduled Immigrant Visa appointment for the laboratory
tests to be completed. "
"The physician’s visit should occur after the laboratory tests and be at least two working days before the IV appointment."

My question - If I finish the lab and doctor appointments only the day before, will the consulate agree to this??

Please answer asap as I need to book my tickets. Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by GCsucks2003
Hi

I plan to leave here on the 16th and arrive in Chennai on Sunday 18th. That leaves me 2 days to finish Lister labs (19th) and doctor appointment on 20th.

I had my interview on 17th november, monday. We went to the lister labs and to the doctor on friday and completed the medicals. Saturday we went for the immigration pics.
So you can complete all the medicals on 19th. Call them ahead and take appointments.

Is this feasible?

"All applicants must have tests performed at the Lister Laboratory. You need not schedule an appointment at the Lister
Laboratory, but should allow at least three working days before their scheduled Immigrant Visa appointment for the laboratory
tests to be completed. "
"The physician’s visit should occur after the laboratory tests and be at least two working days before the IV appointment."

My question - If I finish the lab and doctor appointments only the day before, will the consulate agree to this??

did u get an appointment from a doctor?
try to do lister and doctor tests on Monday itself.
Dr. Sanjan John gives appointments in the evening (confirm it).
Do the tests in the morning - take the reports in the evening and go straight to the doctor - 10 mins ride from lab to doctor.

I did the same thing - What is there in Packet4 is a recommendation - 3 bus days before appointment. But if the doctor determines that u need additional tests then you will have problems - there is only one day between doctors appointmenr and interview.

I started here on Thursday Afternoon and completed everyhing on Saturday. Try to do that.

Originally posted by GCsucks2003
Hi

Is this feasible?

tests to be completed. "

What you listed is a general guidance. Normally the medical
tests as well as the doctor's appointment (if he or she takes cases in the evening) can be finished in 1 day and several have
done that way.

Only thing is, you do not have the buffer of additional time if
further tests become necessary, but if you are confident about
your medical history, you need not be concerned about this.

The consulate has no problem with when the tests were done (it cannot be too far in advance..) as long as you carry the reports.

Raju

thanks for the advice. Im planning on finishing everything on monday and interview is on wednesday.
I cant make it the previous week - could not get vacation earlier than 16th
The good thing is I will have 2.5 weeks after the interview to spend time with my family....

Location for taking photos

Hi All

I am expecting my GC interview at Chennai in Feb and would like to know if any of u have the information in regard to photo studios where I can take photos. I am not from chennai and would appreciate any help. Also details of type of photographs etc. This is great forum.

regarding medical exam

Here's a situation where additional tests
would be necessary.

Info from previous posts in this forum -
Even an **inactive** tb will show up as
scaring on the xray, which will require
sputum tests for 3 consecutive days.
Hence, the consulate advice on "3" days, i think.

If you are 100% sure there will be no
false positives in any of the tests,
then you dont need addditional time.

Generally, I see h1b's doing their medicals
atleast two days before the interview.

My Experience

Hello GCSucks2003

Here is my experience with medicals at Chennai.

- reached Chennai on 12/10/2003 11.00 PM
- went to lister lab by 9.00 AM on 12/11/2003
- completed the paperwork, blood sample and x-ray
- colleted the lab reports at 5.00 PM
- visited Dr. Vijayalaxmi at 5.30 (I have fixed the appointment from US)

Though I completed all my medicals in 1 day, I have kept the buffer (12/12, 12/13 and 12/15) as my wife had TB and was fully cured. As advised earlier, Dr. Vijayalaxmi's examination is based on x-ray. After looking into x-ray report, Dr. Vijayalaxmi raised no questions.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: