Medical Tests for filing I-485

hariom

Registered Users (C)
HI Folks,
My priority date has become current.I am getting ready to file I-485.My wife doesnt have any records of immunization history.I wanted to know if both of us (myself & my wife) need to get vaccinations done before going to the medical test? or can this wait ?
I hear that the medical test results are provided in a sealed envelope which needs to be filed along with 485 application.Will my I-485 application will be on hold until all vaccinations are done?

You can get the vaccination done at the time of the medical test. Or some doctors to an immunization test.
Yes it is given in a sealed envelope..to be sent as is
HI Folks,
My priority date has become current.I am getting ready to file I-485.My wife doesnt have any records of immunization history.I wanted to know if both of us (myself & my wife) need to get vaccinations done before going to the medical test? or can this wait ?
I hear that the medical test results are provided in a sealed envelope which needs to be filed along with 485 application.Will my I-485 application will be on hold until all vaccinations are done?

Do we need to send the medical paperwork ALONG with the I-485?

Hi folks,

My priority date becomes current again in June 07.

I had prepared the paperwork etc in Sept 05 when my date was current but somehow, my lawyer did not get to file it in time...

Now, my questions are:
1) Is the medical forms I received from my doctor in Aug '05 valid now?

2) Can the medical paperwork be sent later since my wife is expecting a baby in June 1st week but I would like to file the I485?

Thanks,
Prem

medical

Hi folks,

My priority date becomes current again in June 07.

I had prepared the paperwork etc in Sept 05 when my date was current but somehow, my lawyer did not get to file it in time...

Now, my questions are:
1) Is the medical forms I received from my doctor in Aug '05 valid now?

2) Can the medical paperwork be sent later since my wife is expecting a baby in June 1st week but I would like to file the I485?

Thanks,
Prem
Both of you have to under go medical one more time since the medical is valid for only 12 months. As for as your wife is concerned better consult the doctor.
Jc_gc

Both of you have to under go medical one more time since the medical is valid for only 12 months. As for as your wife is concerned better consult the doctor.
Jc_gc

Thanks Jc_gc for the info.

I did the first medical in a different city and have the report with me. Will I have to pay all the fees again to get it done with a different doctor?
Is this doctor-specific?

Anybody has information on re-doing medical tests?

Thanks!!

If you have the documented proof of all the tests and vaccinations that you took earlier, that should help you to expedite the process now. If not all, at least some of the vaccinations should still be valid. I was told some doctors would charge you less if you have had the vaccinations already.

As for your wife, this is what I have heard: they won't be doing all the vaccinations and things like TB test if you are pregnant. But the doc's still do whatever tests that are possible without causing any issue to pregnancy and give the sealed medical record. Let us say the Doctor was not able to perform all the tests and vaccinations due to pregnancy then you can plan to do that upon RFE that will be issued by USCIS later. Since you said you have the earlier vaccinations and TB test records, I would take that to the doctor's office and see which of those are still valid for your wife and go from there.

Thanks Jc_gc for the info.

I did the first medical in a different city and have the report with me. Will I have to pay all the fees again to get it done with a different doctor?
Is this doctor-specific?

Anybody has information on re-doing medical tests?

Thanks!!

Do we get the copy of medical report..

I've just finished my medical exam. I've asked the doctor to gimme the medical repot. He told he can not give and uscis will send the copy. Is this true? He didn't tell me anything about the tests performed(Results). He just gave me sealed envelope.

I have a immunization report from India (a doctor in India wrote for me when I came on F1 few years back). Will that work here. Or do I need to take all the immunization shots?? How does this medical thing work? Please explain.

Carry your immunization records to your doctor appointment

Rajeev,
I took my MMR vaccination records ( took back in 98) to my medical test.The doctor waived this vaccine.

Its always better to carry your immunization history records.

The doctor in my area (Dallas, TX) charges between 85 to 150$ for just physical exams. Blood tests and immunizations (if needed) are extra. I have been told the total (including physical) can run up to around 300$ if all immunizations have to be taken.

The doctor also advised us to bring in any proof of immunization I might have. If I have them, they will be waived. I have a certificate for my wife's immunization from a hospital in India, and we plan to bring it in and see.

My medical is scheduled for today. I will post more to advise what happens!

That's what I thought too ...but the doctor my wife went to, showed her the report to make sure the name and address was correct and showed her all the results, then sealed it and gave it back with a copy of the report.

I've just finished my medical exam. I've asked the doctor to gimme the medical repot. He told he can not give and uscis will send the copy. Is this true? He didn't tell me anything about the tests performed(Results). He just gave me sealed envelope.

Done with the medical tests

Folks,
Done with the medical tests.The USCIS civil surgeon took $ 140 for the tests.I got the recommeded vaccines thru my PCP and submitted the copies of immunization back to the civil surgeon.

Could you please tell what doctor you go to. I talked to one in Richardson, they say they will charge $280 per person

Who did you go to in Dallas that charged $85? Thanks for any info.

Jawad

The doctor in my area (Dallas, TX) charges between 85 to 150$ for just physical exams. Blood tests and immunizations (if needed) are extra. I have been told the total (including physical) can run up to around 300$ if all immunizations have to be taken.

The doctor also advised us to bring in any proof of immunization I might have. If I have them, they will be waived. I have a certificate for my wife's immunization from a hospital in India, and we plan to bring it in and see.

My medical is scheduled for today. I will post more to advise what happens!

I went to a doc in Plano, TX ... he charged me $235 for this ... he didn't do any physical exams ... did only blood tests and immunizations ... Is this normal ?...

TIPS:

If you have insurance, which most of you have. Go to your family doctor/hospital and request that you need shots for MMR, measles, chickenpox, tetanus, and TB skin test for the purpose of immigration. Most likely for MMR and Chickenpox they'll do a blood test and see if you are immuned to it or not. Then depending on if you need the shots or not have them print this on their medical records paper with all the shots issued to you. I got all my shots, and skin test and also HIV & RPR tests done at my hospital without paying a dime. Then I took the paperwork to the USCIS Civil Surgeon saying my vaccinations and tests are uptodate. Then the surgeon OK'd it and just charged me $100 for the physical examination.

Hi:
I am now in the process of getting ready for the medical. I am trying to get most of the stuff paid for by my insurance as far as bloodwork or immunizations.
From the internet I got this list.
Is this correct. If not which imminizations did you get???

MMR
Polio
Tetatus
Diptheria
Pertussis
Influenza type b
Hepatitis B
Vericella (chickenpox)
Pneumococcal

Also my understanding is that you need blood test for HIV and syphillis. Is that correct???

TIPS:

If you have insurance, which most of you have. Go to your family doctor/hospital and request that you need shots for MMR, measles, chickenpox, tetanus, and TB skin test for the purpose of immigration. Most likely for MMR and Chickenpox they'll do a blood test and see if you are immuned to it or not. Then depending on if you need the shots or not have them print this on their medical records paper with all the shots issued to you. I got all my shots, and skin test and also HIV & RPR tests done at my hospital without paying a dime. Then I took the paperwork to the USCIS Civil Surgeon saying my vaccinations and tests are uptodate. Then the surgeon OK'd it and just charged me $100 for the physical examination.