Medical Tests for 485 Filing

gc_sc

Registered Users (C)
I am ready to file for my I485 and was told by my attorney that I need to get a few medical tests done.
Stuff like X-ray and vaccinations. Is that a requirement for everyone ? also how much does it cost to get all this done from a USCIS approved doctor ? Can a local family doctor help out in any way.

yes, its compulsory. No approval without it.

Get it for each family member.

u can find a list of USCIS approved doctor either online from their website or by calling the 1800 #.

The family dr can only provide the records for the USCIS dr, maybe check if all vaccinations etc are complete. u may also want to get records from home country.

the dr gives u a sealed envelop to send, do not open it.

it cost somewhere between 100-200 each person and very few insurance companies/ employers cover it.

gc_sc said:
I am ready to file for my I485 and was told by my attorney that I need to get a few medical tests done.
Stuff like X-ray and vaccinations. Is that a requirement for everyone ? also how much does it cost to get all this done from a USCIS approved doctor ? Can a local family doctor help out in any way.

First of all, I don't know your situation, so here is the link where you can find your answer if you need to do the medical examination http://uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm Chances are you need to have medical.

You will need X-ray only if after vacciantion the doctor is not sure of the results of tuberculosis test. Everything takes just one visit to the doctor about 20 mintues to have a little conversation with the doctor and then blood test, and to come pick up your results usually 2-3 days after. All in all, the medical (I did it in DC, I imagine it varies with the state and doctor) was $110, if you need X-ray -up to $50 more.
Now, there are certified civil surgeons who are allowed to do these medical checks. To find one in your area, see here: http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp

I hope that answers your questions.

Regarding Vaccinations, I have these given Vaccinations as per USCIS but I donot have any medical records of these Vaccinations not even in my home country.

So how it will work out then?

There must be records somwhere. Ask your relatives at home to ask the local hospital about your records. You definately had vaccinations done- they are vital. In gereral, vaccination passport should be kept with you whenever you travel abroad. I think it is worth the effort to try to find them. It is enough to contact your childhood doctor and the issue will be resolved.

I hope you make it happen. Good luck.

just do it

I would suggest - just go ahead and get these vaccinations again in the US. It might cost you an additional 100$, but if it saves time on your filing - its worth it.

FB

Frodo_Baggins said:
I would suggest - just go ahead and get these vaccinations again in the US. It might cost you an additional 100$, but if it saves time on your filing - its worth it.

FB

If u can show some proof of vaacination done overseas, its fine with INS doctors. Some of my friends have done it and it was accepted.