Medical test clarification

sk2002sk

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

My wife is pregnant and I need to do the medical test for 485. Is the TB skin test considered safe for pregnant women and do the INS doctors do that test on pregnant women?

Anyone in the same situation? Please advice.... :)
SK...

If the doctor knows that the applicant is pregnant, then you are fine. They are not monsters. Will just mark 693 with pregnant diagonal.
In a possible scenario your spouse might get a RFE at later stage or will not get approval along with yours. Easy to fix (even if she is pregnant again at that time again...)

I am in the same situation as yours, as I am pregnant. I know pregnant women can take TB skin test according to my doctor but I have avoided completely bec I don't want to take any chances. Anyway they will send RFP about medical exam since it's not completed. Pregnant women can not take any vaccination.
So get the letter from the doctor saying that she is not taking medical exam due to pregnnancy.

TB skin test is not recommended if pregnant or breast feeding.

In my case Doctor wrote on I-693 form that medical not complete due to vaccinations and TB test.

We received RFE. At that point INS returned original I693 form and asked to take it to the doc who took the test originally to have medical exams completed.

We resubmitted the results and wife's GC got approved.

People have suggested to have medicals completed after delivery and if not brestfeeding at that time and send the results to INS before RFE but we waited till RFE was issused.

Hope this helps

We had TB test during pregnancy

It is safe and without problems to either fetus or mom. Only MMR is not recommended during pregnancy. My wife was pregnant when we filed 485 and she also had the TB test. Both myself and my wife are also physicians.

Disclaimer: My view only. Confirm before proceeding.