Medical RFE question

FHN

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I got an RFE a few days back part of which reads, and I quote

"Submit the applicants supplemental form showing his or her immunization record".

I spoke to my doctor about it and she said that there is no suplemental form that she knows about. I dont remember having sent anything other than the I 693 form itself.

Further she said that I will need to take all the shots if they were to give me a "certificate" that the shots are complete. Where I come from no one ever keeps a immunization record. Can some one tell me what to do?

Any help and/or advise will be greately appreciated.

TIA

Regards
FHN

FHN said:
Hello all,

I got an RFE a few days back part of which reads, and I quote

"Submit the applicants supplemental form showing his or her immunization record".

I spoke to my doctor about it and she said that there is no suplemental form that she knows about. I dont remember having sent anything other than the I 693 form itself.

Further she said that I will need to take all the shots if they were to give me a "certificate" that the shots are complete. Where I come from no one ever keeps a immunization record. Can some one tell me what to do?

Any help and/or advise will be greately appreciated.

TIA

Regards
FHN
Doesn't look like that Dr knows too much about this process !
How did she ever become a Civil Surgeon ??

The supplemental form lists all vaccines and states whether you've taken them - and if so when.
It also has space for the Dr to mark some vaccines are not appropriate for you (maybe due to age), or some which have been deferred ( pregnancy ).

Suggest that you re-do your medical with another Dr that's well versed with this process.
The supplemental form is typically included with form 693.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have attached the form I 693 that I downloaded from the USCIS site. I dont see any list of vaccines. It does have a section that says

"Immunization Determination (DTP, OPV, MMR, Td-Refer to PHS Guidelines for recommendations.)" and there is the option to select if the applicant is current form recommended age specific immunizations or not.

If you have a link to where I can find this "supplimentary form" please oblige.

Thanks again for your response.

Regards
FHN

FHN said:
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have attached the form I 693 that I downloaded from the USCIS site. I dont see any list of vaccines. It does have a section that says

"Immunization Determination (DTP, OPV, MMR, Td-Refer to PHS Guidelines for recommendations.)" and there is the option to select if the applicant is current form recommended age specific immunizations or not.

If you have a link to where I can find this "supplimentary form" please oblige.

Thanks again for your response.

Regards
FHN
I don't remember having downloaded it ... the Dr's office had a copy of all the required forms - including the supplemental form.

Call some other Civil Surgeon in your area and ask them specifically if they have copies of all forms - including the Immunization Supplemental form - am sure they'll have it.

I would still suggest going to another Dr -- who knows what else this Dr screwed up ??

I know what you are saying! Just one thought though. This form is for an RFE. Will it matter if the doctor doing the supplemental forms is different?

TIA

Regards
FHN

PS: The reason I was looking for a "downloadable" form was that I need to send it to my home country to get a "certificate" saying that I have already got the immunization shots that I need.

FHN said:
I know what you are saying! Just one thought though. This form is for an RFE. Will it matter if the doctor doing the supplemental forms is different?

TIA

Regards
FHN

PS: The reason I was looking for a "downloadable" form was that I need to send it to my home country to get a "certificate" saying that I have already got the immunization shots that I need.
I would think that a diff Dr is acceptable -- after all they start issuing RFEs years after our original apps -- some Drs are not there anymore !!

Also am not sure where you come from -- but the safest and least confusing way would be get all the shots required .... its only 3 or 4 for adults.
Atleast that way USCIS won't have to get very confused....

First of all your doctore should be giving you the copy what ever they put inthe sealed cover.
If you have saved that then you are in good shape.
if not, then you have to start over again all medicals.. sorry.. doctor office doesn't keep these..

you can go to any other doctors speicified in the list by INS. Make sure they give you all ask them if they are missing anything, for me "verialli shots were missed, i got ref, and got it done and case approved."

In the supplimental form they generally put the dates of already given shots. and new dates for the shots you are taking now.. if your wife is pregnent ..etc., doctor will write comments syaing shots can not be giving and reason:...

Best of luck..

I had similar situation

I went to the same doctor,
took all medical exams again, doc said they can't fill the form 693 untill all exams are completed, he suggested can give Immunization records only with out 693 form , i opted to take all the exams and fill the form 693 supplemental same old file number...

Service center TSC:

ND 02/22/02
RFE ACK : 06/09/04
AD??

Also dont take the vaccines if you dont want to( for eg., if you are a girl and want to get pregnant in the next 6 months, dont take them. some of vaccines are safe but not all). I think there are some blood test that can determine if are already immune. Most doctors know it. Ask them about it.

I got medical RFE so going through this.

AC21A said:
There IS a supplimental form for 693. If you downlaod form 693 from USCIS website, it says that there is a supplimental form and it is not part of 693 but sent to doctors directly by CDC. Most Doctors dont know it and think it is the second page of 693. Here is a link t this form

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti-03/appdx-a_693vacc.pdf

Thanks for the link!! It saves me a lot of trouble.
much appreciated.

Regards
FHN