Medical RFE-Previous Doc Disappeared!

msgc

Registered Users (C)
I was sent a medical RFE and the doctor/medical center through which I got it done first (about 2 years ago) have gone out of business and haven't left any forwarding contact numbers.
I am not sure how to proceed, have any of you been in this position? If so what is the way out?
Please help....

RD: Oct 2001
RFE: August 2003

I think you can go to a new doctor in the BCIS list of doctors and get the same thing done as mentioned in the RFE.

you can go to any doc

Just make sure that you do not have to pay for the vaccinations the other doc gave you, details of which you should have in your copy of the forms or the bill.

I had the same situation. My earlier doctor was not traceable.
I got a re-medical done as the new BCIS approved doctor was a greedy guy who would not just do parts of the medical test and prepare a report. I had to pay 300$.
Also make sure that your attorney mentions the fact that you had it redone by a different doctor as your original doctor was not traceable, in a covering letter. [BCIS instructs you to go to the same doctor]

Last edited by a moderator:
You can go to any doctor. Don't forget to put Cover letter explaining why you change the doctor. This will do the trick.

The doctor I've made an appointment with is going to charge me around 200 $, and I have to get everything done again, since its been 2 years since my last medical and I did not keep any records of immunization.
I feel quite stupid for not keeping records and paying so much, but getting the tests done through my PPO and taking it to the doctor will take quite some time and a lot of juggling of paperwork and I'm not sure if everything will work out right given my time constraints.
So I'm hoping that paying some extra bucks will ensure that all the right boxes get checked.........
Thanks for all your input.....