medical question

aonflux

Registered Users (C)
My co-worker is being treated for Tuberculosis.. his chest is clear. He has to go for his medical exam next week. Will there be a problem with the civil surgeon clearing his medical?
Is there a good civil surgeon in the chicago area? Any good experiences with any particular civil surgeon? Thanks!

My sister's skin TB test came out positive, and her chest X-Ray showed dormant TB, she got on the pills and send the report to the INS. She had no problem, she got her GC, didn't even get an RFE regarding TB.

thanks for the info guju. did the civil surgeon do the clearance immediately or did that take time?

Please be informed, majority of ppl who has BCG tends to have positive PPD (TB) skin test. Then they will proceed to chest X-Ray and if its clear, thats fine.

He won't have any problem, the panel doctor should clear his medical form.

Mine positive too due to BCG shoot while I was children and my chest x-ray was okay.

So, if anyone who has BCG be prepared to have false skin result :). But in US, once its positive, they considered you exposed to TB germs even actually BCG itself is the immunization for TB.

i think it took couple of weeks, few days for the skin test, then scheduled an appointment for the x-ray, waited for the results and the doc's diagnosis on it

Medical Exam

According to my doctor...

The outcome of your medical report has nothing to do with your GC approval. This exam is to make sure that any disease you have can be cured and doesn't spread to others!!!!
If you have 'Worry about" list, you can keep medical exam crap as the last one. (I just got tested posive for TB).

4drs.

1.I dont have my previous vaccination record. if so then how can we get the proof of records?

2.Does anyone know how much does it cost for the entire medical test?

3.what they do for the PPD (TB) skin test? how do they check for this test?

Appreciate the reply !

thanks

medical

140, 1485 and medical confusion
1. 140 and 1485 concurently means both 140 and 1485 with medical reports applied at service center (NSC) ?. Or 140 applied and after 30 days applied 1485 with medical reports with reciept of 140 ?

2. I was reading forum. People say about medical vacination. You needs records from your home country doctor that you had these
vacinations. If you don't have doctor will give number of vaccinations depends on health. Is it true.

3. can we have vacination list from doctor here. But i don't how he will give vacination list of birth ?

4. How to get/handle vaccination report from doctor back home?. As it is 27 years back we are taking here. If so what will be the format ?.

5. for example if doctor gives vaccination of varicella. From the forum i read it require two shot. one shot today and other after 30 days. So till 30 days i have to hold my 140 & 1485 applications ? As i need medical report to attached ?.

Kindly reply. Big confusion. Verify.

MMR

If you don't have the vaccination records, just ask your doctor to run MMR. They will take blood and do test for all kinds of related vaccination in your body. If you have those vaccines, it will tell in MMR test and if you don't, they will give you shots. Different clinics charge you differently for this test.

For those who has their own doctor (from insurance) just do this at your own doctor and then bring the result to the BCIS panel clinic for them to look at. So you also can save some money on that.