Medical insurance please help.

smchndr

Registered Users (C)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

My parents are about 69years of age. I need medical insurance for them.

1. Is it good to take insurance from India. I heard about insurances, But you have to pay here and claim back there. Is there insurance company where doctor can bill directly. Please let me know.

2. Which is good insurance company if, i take insurance in USA.

3. If i take from India, Which is best insurance company and prompt in claims.

Thanks for all help.

Please reply with inputs.

Hi,

Please take insurance from India..The best company is ICICI. (ICICI-LOMBARD..they have office in FL - Coris USA).They have policy that covers $100 k and this is the only insurance in the world pays/covers for pre-existing conditions if it's a life threatening..My parents (age 67) bought it and helped me a lot as my mother was in ICU for 4 weeks and I got bill around $159 K. ICICI/CORIS paid $100 K.

Hope this helps

smchndr said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

My parents are about 69years of age. I need medical insurance for them.

1. Is it good to take insurance from India. I heard about insurances, But you have to pay here and claim back there. Is there insurance company where doctor can bill directly. Please let me know.

2. Which is good insurance company if, i take insurance in USA.

3. If i take from India, Which is best insurance company and prompt in claims.

Thanks for all help.

Please reply with inputs.

are you dump?

hay pappupager,

looks like you are a dump guy!!

Be careful before posting here and saying 'fake posting'!!!!!

Please search and check on this portal and see how many posting I have posted so far and see how many are fake before posting here.

Please do you DD well before misleading any one here/anywhere.

Please see these links:

http://www.icicilombard.com/app/PersonalProducts/Travel/Individual_Overseas/Gold_Plan.asp

Pre-existing Ailments and Maternity cover - Pre-existing ailments and maternity are covered in case of life-threatening situations.

http://www.icicilombard.com/app/PersonalProducts/Travel/Individual_Overseas/Gold_Plan.asp#5031

Also, read policy wording carefully before posting:

That condition applies only who have opted for policies with medical expenses sum insured over US$ 100,000. Do you know what is that mean? If not, then please stop posting and misleading people here atleast on this board.

Btw..I have email from ICICILOMBARD listing all the check nos. and whom they have paid all $100k. I can post that also here if you say sorry to every one here!!.

This is the ONLY insurance company in the world that are covering Pre-existing ailments and maternity in case of life-threatening situations..which is most important for age between 55 to 70.

If any one else want more proof then please send me a private message..I am ready to help any one has any issue.

pappupager said:
Above is a fake posting.

ICICI Lombard is a fixed coverage plan for age over 55. If you bought $100k, it is impossible that they paid all $100k for age 67.

Open the policy wording (blue color print, 16 pages document) and you will see on page 3 that (I am typing only relevant sentences here...)

Special Conditions:
TERM AND CONDITIONS......
2.. For persons aged 56 years and above, the maximum eligible......
a. ......
b. Intensive care unit - maximum US$3,000 per day up to 7 days
c. .....
d...... e...... f...... g......

Therefore, if at all they paid anything, that would be $3000 x 7 = $21,000.
If I am wrong, please justify how.

Please stop misleading people.

Buy comprehensive insurance from US company. PPO plans, wide acceptance, direct billing.

Read visitor medical insurance buying tips at http://www.buyamericaninsurance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25333

And read all about CORIS at http://www.buyamericaninsurance.com/experience/readentries.do

Those conditions only applies to policy coverage over US$ 100,000!!

pappupager,

All those conditions (b. Intensive Care Unit - maximum $3,000 per day up to 7 days) on pages 5 and 6 of term 2 are only applies who have opted for policies with medical expenses sum insured over US$ 100,000. These conditions don't apply who has coverage up to US$100,000. Just read whole and mainly 1st line of term 2 on pages 5 and 6. Policy wording on ICICI Lombard web site is right and very clear.

Nither ICICI Lombard's are misleading nor I have posted fake here. It's your dump head don't know how to read and interpret!!

If you want more proof then say 'SORRY' and aknowladge that you are wrong on this board.

pappupager said:
What I am writing is based on the facts mentioned on ICICI Lombard's official web site.

ICICI Lombard's brochure does not give complete details that people should know. They are misleading people.
The same link you posted http://www.icicilombard.com/app/PersonalProducts/Travel/Individual_Overseas/Gold_Plan.asp asks people to refer to policy wordings for more details.

Look at http://www.icicilombard.com/Content/Downloads/PolicyWording/IndividualPolicywordings-new.pdf

There is a section called Special Conditions on Page 5 (of total 33 pages)

Once you scroll down to page 6, the first line says
b. Intensive Care Unit - maximum $3,000 per day up to 7 days

Are you saying policy wording on ICICI Lombard web site is wrong and you are right? Are you saying that they paid more than what is written in the policy wording?

You might not have posted fake postings regarding visa/greencard, but this one regarding insurance is definitely fake one.

If you are genuine, send me some proof as private message.

Please find the copy of email I got from CORIS for payment made to hospital system/doctors and check nos. I have also left the real policy #, hospital and doctors office no. real.

Is there any health insurance company other than ICICI, that covers pre-existing condition!!!???. This is most important benifit for age over 55.

If any person seriously wants to purchase any policy then please call ICICI nos. and get more clerification if you have any doubt rather getting mislead by bunch of ideats that are doing pure marketing.

BTW..I am not working for ICICI/CORIS..This is a real exp. I am sharing with serious peoples rather than marketing any company.

Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 11:33 PM
To: *** /OPS/ICICILOMBARD/MLX
Cc: *****
Subject: RE: Extremely Urgent: in ref to policy #4030/2074523/00/000

Dear Mr ***,

As per the policy condition ICICI lombard's maximum liability is 100000 USD under medical cover less 100 USD as standard deductible.

We have sent to GWINNETT HOSPITAL SYSTEM $89,440.00 check 6235

MILES H MASON III MD $5,750.00 7095

GWINNETT PATHOLOGY $385 3715

NORTH METROPOLITAN $173 7097

NORTH METROPOLITAN $533 7097

NORTH METROPOLITAN $629 7097

NORTH METROPOLITAN $175 7097

NORTH METROPOLITAN $180 7097

ATLANTA REHABILITATION $210 7098

GWINNETT COUNTY DEPT $250 7099

GWINNETT INFECTIOUS $1,015 7096

GWINNETT ANESTHESIA $1,260 -100 dedec 7094

In case of any further clarification feel free to contact.

Regards

pappupager said:
You are totally dump. Go and read it again more carefully.

Point 1 and point 2 are totally different.

Point 1 says that if you have bought insurance for more than $100,000, it will pay max. $100,000 per injury or sickness.

Point 2 further resticts the amounts to specific limits for specific categories. It specifically states 'irrespective of the plan/option purchased'. It states 'These limites are further restricted to the maxmium sum insured specified in part 1 of the schedule'.

It makes no sense that for $100,000 policy, they will cover everything up to $100,000. But if you buy over $100,000, they will have all those limits. What stupid thinking!! If the person has purchased higher maximum, it is only logical to get higher benefits, and not lesser. Any one can understand this simple logic.

Stop misleading people, learn to read basic English and say Sorry to every one.

I don't want to spend much time with you but let's consider you are right..than also worth buying policy from ICICI based on following amount since all those benifits are covered for PRE-EXISTING condition also if it's a life threatening (which no one else is covering from day one):

a. Hospital room and board and hospital misc exp maximum US$ 1,600 per day up to 30 days = $ 48,000

b. ICU payment is max $3,000/day upto 7 days = $ 21,000

***meaning..if in ICU for more than 7 days, 7 days will be paid at $3,000/day and rest will be paid at $1600/day.

c. Surgical treatment = $ 12,000

d. Anaesthetist services - upto 25% of surgical treatment = $ 3,000

e. Physician visit - $750

f. Diagnostic and pre-admission testing max $ 750

g. Ambulance services - maximum $500

total amount from a to g is $86,000 which also a lot of money.

You are absoultly right about processing of claim and they took almost 8 to 10 months in processing since this was a very huge claim..but it's fact that the final payment made by the CORIS USA only (as I have included all the chq. nos. paid by CORIS USA).

pappupager said:
I just called ICICI at +91-11-5189 8868 and confirmed that for ages over 55, ICU payment is limited to $3,000/day up to 7 days max, that is total of $21,000. This confirms what I have been saying and what is written in the policy wording on their web site.

First of all, CORIS USA does not process the claims over $500. They send it to CORIS France which in turns sends to Heritage India in Mumbai that actually works with ICICI to get the claims processed. Threfore, CORIS USA would not have directly made the payment of anything over $500.

Who are you trying to fool, dude?