Medical Examinations Questions

Medical Fee....?

Hey Guys
How much is average fee for medical examination? I talked to doctor in NY state and he told me 155+Vaccinations+Xrays which could run upto $2000.
I read somewhere that you can have the vaccination from your local doctor and take the records with you to civil surgeon.
What vaccination I should have and what xrays I should have for the medical record?
Any help is much appreciated.

it is expensive but never THAT expensive... average medical is 90 ~ 150 and exams its up to the doctor, check if he accepts the LOCAL COUNTY HEALTH EXAMS(VACCINES/STD) Certification. I did it that way and I save a bunch... Since that is subsidized, the Vaccines were about 60 and the STD exams free :) . Hey guys... please answer my previous question.... Thanks

Hey Fanito:
Thanks for the quick reply. I am sorry, I could answer your question, but I am just a newbie for this.
One more Q for the GURUS....
What vaccination is mandatory from this list (Mumps,Measles,Rubella,Polio,Tetanus,Diphtheria toxoids,Pertussis,Influenza type B,Hepatitis B )?
and What Xrays I need to have?
So that I can also go to any local doctor or county health deptt. and get this thing done.

Thanks again

AbyRai said:
Hey Fanito:
Thanks for the quick reply. I am sorry, I could answer your question, but I am just a newbie for this.
One more Q for the GURUS....
What vaccination is mandatory from this list (Mumps,Measles,Rubella,Polio,Tetanus,Diphtheria toxoids,Pertussis,Influenza type B,Hepatitis B )?
and What Xrays I need to have?
So that I can also go to any local doctor or county health deptt. and get this thing done.

Thanks again
AbyRai,

You can get medical done only with a civil surgeon listed on uscis website. Find a doctor in your area at http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/Index.asp? You may have to make several calls to find out the cheapest doctor. As for vaccinations, you can get it done anywhere (preferrably your county health department where it would be the chepest). The doctor will accept the certificate from them and sign your medical forms.

The following vaccinations are required:
Mumps
Measles
Rubella
Polio
Tetanus
Diphtheria toxoids
Pertussis
Influenza type B
Hepatitis B

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks EricNeesGC:
Thanks for the input again. I have one more query. I am filing my 485 from NY, but currently I am in CT. Can I go to the USCIS specified civil surgeon in CT or I have to go to USCIS specified civil surgeon in my area only(which is in NY)
Any input is much appreciated.

Spongebob76 and Fanito,

I also have the same problem. I will have my interview on July 6. It also asked me to bring the medical report, which I already submitted with my I485. I called the USCIS customer service, the lady answered the phone is not aware of the memorandum posted on Dec 2, 2004. She asked me to make an apointment to the local office to ask about it. I am not going to do it since I don't think I can get my question answer before my interview time. It will not have enough time for me to get my second medical done. I guess I will do my medical again, what a pain!! Please let me know if you find out anymore answer. I am trying get the last resource. I just sent an email to a lady that helped me on my i485 paper work 2 years ago. She works for at an immigration lawyer office. I hope she can answer my question. If I heard anything, will keep you guys posted.

Fanito & Spongebob 76
I got a quick reply from the lady I emailed to. This is what she said:

Read the notice carefully. Most of them say something
like "If you have not previously submitted a medical
examination, provide one now....." I do not see that
you need to do a new one but if you want to, you could
have it done "just in case" you feel like they might
ask for one. The other side is if they do want a new
one, at the interview, they will ask you to go get one
but it will delay the approval of your case for who
knows how long. It's up to you. Let me know if you
have other questions.

So I guess you will need to take a risk :(

Updates??

Hello, can those who had their AOS interviews recently, let us in on how your interviews went, what did they ask, questions etc, and if a new medical was required. Thank you!

Yayyyyy, I got it. Since I got married 2 1/2 years ago I got the permanent stamp in the passport....BUT....Here's what happened. The guy never asked for the medical exams, however I did have a copy from the county health dept. stating that I was STD free and that I have all my vaccination done. I don't think it is required to bring more medical certificates though. Ok, for those who are going for interview to ATL beware of officer G (pm for the last name). That guy was very strict and not very friendly, actually very rude, my wife (the USC) tried to make small talk which he ignored. Some of the questions were : How we met, where do we live, do you have any proof of living together, my DOB, her DOB, nothing tricky or anything, but nonetheless the guy was very rude.

This is a small follow up regarding the processing time of GC. I got mine in the mail yesterday, July 11, so 2-3 weeks after the interview is not bad at all... :) :) :)

Should I bring new Medical?

Fanito said:
This is a small follow up regarding the processing time of GC. I got mine in the mail yesterday, July 11, so 2-3 weeks after the interview is not bad at all... :) :) :)

Hello,

Did you take new medical with you? or Just took chance?

I am not sure whether I need new one or no. Here is my situation.

Had medical in August 2003, to submit with V1 (COS from H1 - V1). Got approval for V1.

Submitted I -485(AOS), as spouse became USC in July 2004. As mentioned at uscis website (http://uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm), I shouldn't submit the new I-693 if I file the AOS within 1 year of last medical I had for V1(which I did).

Now I have interview in August 2005. Should I bring new one? Or take a chance. It cost $120 for me to get new one.

Gurus, please advise….

No, I did not. I decided to follow what the memo said. He didn't even asked me about the medical. Take the memo with you JUST IN CASE but I did refuse to spend $350 in another medical exam. (because you would have to get the medical + the STD check)

Hey Any more comments

Hello,

Should I go for new one or take a chance? I am worried if officer asks me for the new one and delays my application unnecessarily?

Thank you in advance.

sap12452003 said:
Hello,

Should I go for new one or take a chance? I am worried if officer asks me for the new one and delays my application unnecessarily?

Thank you in advance.
You take your chances as always if you don't have ALL the documents that they are requesting in the letter. Some people don't file for the medical exams at the same time of the I-485, the letter is generic so some may apply, some others don't. I took my chances, I went without the new medicals because of the document that superseeds all previous communications regarding the medical exams (http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I693Extn120204Pub.pdf) but I did bring a copy of my old ones just in case AND the copy of the memo. The guy DID NOT asked me for either or.