Medical Examination question - wife pregnant

fq01803god

While still waiting for I-140, I am preparing for medical examination. My wife is pregnant now and bsed on the information I got, she will be entitled to waive vaccines shot and other examination. Does anyone over there have the same situation before? Will the waive have any impact later on? Does she need to take the vaccines after giving birth? Thanks.

Hi,

She must NOT take some vaccines. I don\'t know which.
In my case the person doing vaccination spoke on phone with my wife\'s doctor.
Please speak to your wife\'s doctor. Some vaccines are dangerous for the new born.

No Title

Hi,
Kindly print the INS medical form from the web. Ask your wife to get an appointment with your family doctor or a Gyny. The different vaccination she should get for INS is listed in the form, get an opinion form her doctor. Ask her to give her opinion in writing. Use that copy to get proper medical exam for her, and include a copy of your doctor\'s opinion for filling I-485.
Hope it help.s

Talk to the Doctor

In my wife\'s case, the doctor wrote on the form that since she is pregnant, she is exempt from shots. But I do know that in all probability, I will get an RFE for completing the shots.

No Title

You will be waived for examinations. You have to do that after birth of child. It will be in their record that your wife didn\'t take the shots.

My friend\'s wife got an RFE

One of my friends got the waiver for his wife because she was pregnant. But her case generated an RFE later and she had to get the shots while his case got approved without hassle.

MUST NOT Take any vaccine.

She must not take any vaccine. I have seen many cases on this chat in which 485 was approved for prgnant ladies.

No Title

My wife was pregnant when we did the medical exam. The doctor did not give MMR and one more vaccine to her. I don\'t know what she wrote on the medical forms since the doctors return the forms in sealed envelopes. Luckily, my wife did not get an RFE and was approved along with me. But, another friend was in the same situation. His wife got an RFE when his case was approved. Later, his wife\'s case was also approved! So I guess it\'s a matter of luck!

Good luck!

I got RFE for Med Exam, but my wife didn\'t

My wife was pregnant, so didn\'t take vaccine shots nor tuberculin
test. She didn\'t get RFE. But I got RFE said that my Med Exam
Report didn\'t indicate a tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray had
been done.

gc_ss, swen

Hello,

If wife is pregnant, Does husband also gets waiver for vaccinations?

How long after the birth she should take the vaccinations?

Thanks a bunch!
Pathik

No Title

In most cases, no vaccinations required after the birth. My wife didn\'t get RFE for Med. My colleague\'s wife was breast-feeding her 8-month old baby, didn\'t take vaccinations while doing med exam, her case was approved without RFE.

No Title

She should not take any vaccination till she complete feeding the baby.. I was in the same boat but I have got the letter from India that my wife had taken vaccination in India, it was worked out and we have sent documents for 485 recently.. My sincere advice is don\'t get her any kind of vaccination now and while she is feeding the baby..

Thanks
Raj

your RFE

Hello Raj Sam,

I found that your I-140 case had a progressive work experience RFE. What did you do to prove the PWE ? Can you throw some light ? I have the same RFE. I provided them with a progressive work experience letters ( attorney gave me the format ) but seems like they arent satisfied. Can you please provide me some details ? you can email me if you dont mind ( rsamuel_thomas@hotmail.com)

Thanks

Question about shots

In my case I did medical exam when my wife was pregnant and she was not given MMR. Since she was pregnant even I was not given MMR saying that it is a live virus and it is not good for the baby. I think it is also mentioned in immihelp.com. But later, after delivery she got MMR from the hospital. Now I am expecting an RFE for this. My question is can I take MMR shots now and amend it to I-485 or do I need to wait till I get RFE. How Can I amend it ?
Please reply

BTW I applied for I-485 in Sept,01.
Thanks