Medical examination - Please help

khushibose

Registered Users (C)
I am in the process of sending all paper work for my GC application - I 485, I 693, 1-765, G 325A and I 864.
I have all the formalities completed for my medical examination including the TB skin test. However, I cannot get the tetanus shot right now because I am 7 months pregnant. I spoke to the staff at the medical center who are doing the medical examination and she said that if I send my paperwork without the tetanus shot USCIS will send my paperwork back. I am due in July end. So should I wait till then to get the tetanus shot and then send all the paperwork or should I send the paperwork without the shot and wait to get a RFE and get the shot?
I want to send the paperwork right away because my student visa expired 2 years back. I have been maintaining full course load. But now my I20 is about to expire in 2010 and I want to get this process started asap.
Any response would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I am in the process of sending all paper work for my GC application - I 485, I 693, 1-765, G 325A and I 864.
I have all the formalities completed for my medical examination including the TB skin test. However, I cannot get the tetanus shot right now because I am 7 months pregnant. I spoke to the staff at the medical center who are doing the medical examination and she said that if I send my paperwork without the tetanus shot USCIS will send my paperwork back. I am due in July end. So should I wait till then to get the tetanus shot and then send all the paperwork or should I send the paperwork without the shot and wait to get a RFE and get the shot?
I want to send the paperwork right away because my student visa expired 2 years back. I have been maintaining full course load. But now my I20 is about to expire in 2010 and I want to get this process started asap.
Any response would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

khushibose,

OK, understand your situation. You should be ok to send everything to USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) other than the tetanus shot. Please get something in writing from the doctors office explaining that you cannot get tetanus shot at this time as you are expecting and include that with the rest of the paperwork. Please make sure you keep a copy of that letter for your records as well. Send the paperwork coz you have everything ready at this time, why waste time. You know each day counts with USCIS and tell you what.....if USCIS needs those tetanus shots anyways, they will notify you thru RFE and you will hardly loose anytime, may be couple of weeks coz once they receive your RFE, your case will be resumed.

In short I wouldn't wait, send everything and get your I-485 process started.

I wouldn't wait

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti_vacc.pdf

Td is not contraindicated during pregnancy, and I think that's what USCIS will tell you when they send an RFE. If you don't want to do it now, wait till you deliver and then get a shot and send AOS package to USCIS.

khushibose,

Do what you feel is best for you, but like I told you before....if I were you, I wouldn't wait or waste another day and send your AOS package immediately.

khushibose,

Do what you feel is best for you, but like I told you before....if I were you, I wouldn't wait or waste another day and send your AOS package immediately.

I totally agree with Atlanta_Brother; the worst that can happen is USCIS will send an RFE (which is very unlikely though). If I were you, I would apply ASAP without waiting for the tetanus shot.