Medical exam

seminole

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys !...

I think some of you might be in similar situation. As all the EB dates are current now, we are preparting to file I485. We have scheduled medical exam as well.

1. Anyone knows what are effects of taking MMR, TB skin test in relation to Pregnancy ? How many days / months one can not concieve ?
2. Can my wife get by without taking shots on the pretext of trying to concieve.? If I take shots, TB test , does it have any effect on concieving assuming my wife didn't take shots? Does this will reject I485 right away (since medical records are not there)? I believe RFE will be issued later. Anybody in similar situation ?

Thanks a lot,
Nole Soul
PD : 02/07/2007
I140: 04/03/2007
I485 : :confused:

3 months. we were told

We were told not to conceive for 3 months following the shots. Both myself & my wife got the MMR & Td shots. My wife took the TB skin test in addition since there was not a written record of previous result.

Hi , I am filing second I 485 and do I have to submit all vaccines and tests ? Or Can I only submit Tests and no need to retake Vaccines ?? Any advice will be greatly appreciated

2nd time for us too.

As long as you have records of ur shots from 1st time & its okayed by the RN or civil surgeon filling your medical exam, you dont have to retake shots. X-Ray (for +ve TB skin test) & blood test expires after 1 yr.

Medical tests

We are ready to file the I-485 like thousands of others are....My wife is currently 5 months pregnant. We have both taken our Hepatitis B shots in India but do not have certificates to prove it. If we need to take them again, it takes 4-6 months to take them which prolongs the filing process. Can anything be done?
My wife does not have certificates for any other vaccines. I believe they can find out what vaccines you have taken by doing a simple blood test. Is that true?
In simple words I want to understand exaclty what tests will the doctor be doing and what the costs might be.
Thanks in advance.

We are ready to file the I-485 like thousands of others are....My wife is currently 5 months pregnant. We have both taken our Hepatitis B shots in India but do not have certificates to prove it. If we need to take them again, it takes 4-6 months to take them which prolongs the filing process. Can anything be done?
My wife does not have certificates for any other vaccines. I believe they can find out what vaccines you have taken by doing a simple blood test. Is that true?
In simple words I want to understand exaclty what tests will the doctor be doing and what the costs might be.
Thanks in advance.

I believe the doctor can write it off as "not medically appropriate" if a particular vaccination takes a long time to complete. This way you can go ahead and file I-485. But what I'm not sure is how USCIS can make sure we followed up with the unfinished vaccination? Do they issue a RFE to make sure it's done?

My doctor did not ask me for Hepatisis B vaccine. In the I-693 he just indicated that it's "not appropriate age" . Is this OK ? or will there be an RFE ?

As long as you have records of ur shots from 1st time & its okayed by the RN or civil surgeon filling your medical exam, you dont have to retake shots. X-Ray (for +ve TB skin test) & blood test expires after 1 yr.

Thank You ! I called the doctors office and they told the same

Medical question

Does anyone know of a good civil surgeon in the San Francisco/Bay Area. I know you can go on the uscis.gov website and get a list, but I want to know if anyone has had a good experience with a doctor. Someone who is helful and works with you.

Tb

I was diagnosed with TB about seven years back in India. I took medication for about 6 months and was cleared. But like someone else also pointed out, even when you get cleared, the scars will still appear on your X-ray.
As I am from India and had the BCG vaccine, chances are that my skin test will come positive and I will be sent for X-ray. Then, the X-ray will also probably show some scars.
Can anyone, please, advise on what should be done in such cases? I am planning to meet one of the doctors whose reports are acceptable to USCIS and explain the situation to him/her, and ask what is the best way to proceed?

Does that sound like a good approach? any other suggestions?
thanks, guys

SF bay area INS approved docs

Does anyone know of a good civil surgeon in the San Francisco/Bay Area. I know you can go on the uscis.gov website and get a list, but I want to know if anyone has had a good experience with a doctor. Someone who is helful and works with you.

Vishal,
i went to the one at Dr. David Juan in Santa Clara; they charged 100 bucks for physical. i got all my shots, blood test and skin test @ my hospital (Stanford) at no charge. then i presented the hospital records to get the physical exam done at Dr. Juan....this way i was able to save a few hundred on the vaccinations & tests.