Medical Exam(I-693) - Immunization

Sun07

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I have a question about medical exam. My lawyer gave me Form I-693 and also another form called "supplemental Form To I-693" which is basicaly about vaccination/immunization.

I found a INS approved clinic and got the physical exam done. I also left this supplimental Form with them with a promise that when I come to pick up my certificate I will get a fax from my doctor in India certifying all the vaccinations that were administered to me. This is what the doctor adviced too.

When I went back they started to tell me that they can not fill this supplimental form and I should go to the Health Department and show my record to them and they will fill it and certify it for me.

Also on Form I-693 under the options if I am current with recommended age-specific immunizations, they selcted "No". Doctor assured me that this does not mean I have failed the exam which I also understand... My question however is -

Did anyone face this kind of a situation with getting immunization part of the form filled up? And did anyone went to the Health Department to get it?

My lawyer does not know any details. He keeps telling me that I need that supplemental Form filled up as well and this doctor I went to wont do it. I spent 15 mins explaining her.

I am confused what to do. Does that selection of "no I am not current with immunization" on I-693 create any problems? I do ofcourse plan to go to the health department and subject myself to another round of frustration anyway.

Thanks a lot guys!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

sun07

I am surprised. I can tell you my experience which was quite different. The doc was cool and just asked me to get Tetnus and MMR shots from the county health office. I did not show him any old immunization records. He marked everything else not required or complete.

I think your I-693 should show "Current with all immunizations" otherwise you may get a RFE etc. You should consider getting the required immunizations from the county health office, show receipts to the doctor, and get the form filled again. Yoy only need Tetnus and MMR (may be Varicella if you never had chickenpox), all the rest must be marked "not appropriate age"

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will do as you adviced. I am not sure how cooperative this doctor would be as regard to filling up the form again.

Can you tell me if you also got this "supplimental form to I-693" filled up along with I-693?

Thanks a lot my friend.

The form that my doctor filled in addition to 693 is titled "Adjustment of Status Applicant's Documentation of Immunization (To be completed by Civil Surgeon Only)"

about the exams, i had 3 shots and an x-ray...that's all and paid $100+. got the results in 2 days.

Hi, Can you please send the name/address of the doctors office where you were given 3 shots and the certificate signed in 2 days.. I would like to get my I-693 and physical done asap.

thanks in advance

HI SUMMIT99, SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY, WAS ON VACATION LAST WEEK. THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE WHERE I WENT IS IN LOS ANGELES. IT IS AT THE CORNER OF 6TH STREET AND ARDMORE ZIP IS 90020. IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE YOUR MEDICAL YET I COULD GIVE YOU THE ADDRESS (I HAVE TO LOOK THROUGH MY FILE). THE DOCTOR IS KOREAN.
I DON'T KNOW YOUR LOCATION IN THE U.S. BUT WHAT I DID WAS CHOOSE FROM THE AUTHORIZED PHYSICIANS FROM THE LIST APPROVED BY INS. I CHOSE THE ONE CLOSEST TO MY HOME AND ONE THAT IS OPEN ON WEEKENDS.

Last edited by a moderator: