medical exam, help

newdoc

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I need your advise regarding our medical exam, my PD became current this month (and will be submitting I-485 on Sept.1), I am on EB1-EA, me and my wife went for the PPD test and it showed positive (as we have taken BCG earlier) but our chest x-ray was clear and negative. So can you advise will there be any problem in the I-485 stage as our PPD was positive?

Thank you in advance.

newdoc

newdoc said:
Hi all,

I need your advise regarding our medical exam, my PD became current this month (and will be submitting I-485 on Sept.1), I am on EB1-EA, me and my wife went for the PPD test and it showed positive (as we have taken BCG earlier) but our chest x-ray was clear and negative. So can you advise will there be any problem in the I-485 stage as our PPD was positive?

Thank you in advance.

newdoc

Hi newdoc,

YOu are fine as long as chest X-ray is clear and there won't be any problem in the I-485 stage. Most of the asians do get positive response to PPD test. which service center you filed your petition?

Hi Madgu-gc2005,

Thank you very much for informing me, I have not yet submitted my I485 yet, I will be submitting on 1st September 2006. I am in california, so I presume my lawyer will submit it in CSC. But my I-140 was tranferred from CSC to TSC and was approved from TSC.

I will still appreciate if people in this forum share thier experience who have faced a similar situation of positive PPD but clear (i.e negative chest x-ray).

Thanks in advance
newdoc

Hi Madgu-gc2005,

Thank you very much for informing me, I have not yet submitted my I485 yet, I will be submitting on 1st September 2006. I am in california, so I presume my lawyer will submit it in CSC. But my I-140 was tranferred from CSC to TSC and was approved from TSC.

I will still appreciate if people in this forum share thier experience who have faced a similar situation of positive PPD but clear (i.e negative chest x-ray).

Thanks in advance
newdoc

medical

Have you done the medical? If PPD is positive, the second confirmation is by Xray. so you will not have any problem. Moreover the doctor will give you a copy of the medical forms signed, which is also in a sealed cover. If there any problem doctors will also advice you.

yes good_y, we finished our medical exam. Our Chest x-ray is clear, only PPD is positive.
another question, I have asked the doc if he will give me a copy of the papers which he will be putting inside the sealed envelope. He said he cannot give it, its againt immigration law? Is that correct?

Thanks
Newdoc

medical records

newdoc
By law, a physician should give you your medical record when asked. I went to one of the designated surgeon generals (from the USCIS site) for my medical and they readily gave me copies of the report when I asked.

newdoc said:
yes good_y, we finished our medical exam. Our Chest x-ray is clear, only PPD is positive.
another question, I have asked the doc if he will give me a copy of the papers which he will be putting inside the sealed envelope. He said he cannot give it, its againt immigration law? Is that correct?

Thanks
Newdoc

Hi newdoc,
YOu should get one copy from doctors office and you have the right to know your health condition and they cannot hide from you. I got the copy from my doctor's office who did all the test for immigration purpose.

medical exam

dear madgu-gc2005,

I am sorry for the confusion, yes I have the report of the medical exam, form my doc office but I was talking about a copy of the I-693 form which the surgeon fills up and seals in the envelope so that I can see he has not done any mistake or left out any information.
thanks
newdoc

newdoc said:
dear madgu-gc2005,

I am sorry for the confusion, yes I have the report of the medical exam, form my doc office but I was talking about a copy of the I-693 form which the surgeon fills up and seals in the envelope so that I can see he has not done any mistake or left out any information.
thanks
newdoc

I do not think you will get a copy of I-693 filled in forms. I did not get one.
Anyway if there is any RFE regarding your medical you have the copy of your medical records which will speak. Don't worry too much. did you file petition on your own or through attorney?

newdoc said:
dear madgu-gc2005,

thanks
newdoc

you can ask for a copy of I-693 since if you download the forms from USCIS, it has copy for everybody (doctor, USCIS, applicant etc.). show him that and ask.

Hi nathan,

I did my PPD, and X-ray ,and TD shots through my PCP office, but the surgons office which I visited today (I found from the USCIS site) told me that I do not need any more shots (Varicilla, MMR), he said it depends on the blood test he has done today. I hope he is right....

I thought we need to take varicilla and MMR???

I don't know which office I have to submit as my attorney will submit all the documents, so he knows it.

thanks newdoc

It is very strange!!!

I feel this is strange, I got the copy of the letter, and how do you trust this people, if they put a bad report in the sealed envelope? You have the right to get a copy. Go and get it.
Do you know how funny the system works, one of my friend, he never went for a medical, he paid the attorney and attorney got him the medical certificate, true he got the green card. so anything is possible, we think things are bad in our country is not so.

Oh, don't even worry! All my life I have it test positive and I obviously have no problems. I went for the physical examination before filing my case, and I skipped PPD test all together and went for X-ray right away. I just know that it shows up all the time, so I don't evne bother doing the test. You are more than fine! I am actually waiting for a gc in mail right now.
Eb1 EA category

Hmm, my doctor in California gave me a signed copy of EVERYTHING (even the second part of the forms where it shows my vaccines.

madgu-gc2005 said:
I do not think you will get a copy of I-693 filled in forms. I did not get one.
Anyway if there is any RFE regarding your medical you have the copy of your medical records which will speak. Don't worry too much. did you file petition on your own or through attorney?

Wouldliketoknow

Can you inform me how long did it take for your I-485 application to be approved. My lawyer will be sending the application on 1st September.

Thanks

newdoc

The doctor gives you all the papers and it is up to you to send the correct ones along with your application and to keep the copies. Your medical has to be attached to your filing application. The doctor cannot send anything anywhere. So you get it all. My doctor just separated the copies for me from the copies to be sent, so that's that. Plus, if you didn't get your medical copies, you can request them from that doctor at any time. I just did that just in case before my interview a month ago. No problem.
I was also confused if I had to do new medical or not again after a year has passed since my intial medical exam. Only fingerprints expire after a year. But medical stays valid. Immigration office keeps posting memorandums every year jus tsaying that the medical exams are extended this year once again. They have been doing this for ever. In any case, I hope this helps.