Medical Exam for Vaccination----Please reply.

Losthelp

I will have a medical exam next week. But I just found that I don't have vaccination for Hepatitis B. As far as I know, Hepatitis B requires at least three shots with long intervals between shots. Does that mean I have to wait a long time until the three shots are finished, then they can sign my medical form? Those people who have similar situation please reply. Thanks. By the way, do they make a copy of your vaccination record and include it in the sealed envelope?(b/c I do not have official vaccination record). Thank you very much for your help.

Losthelp said:
As far as I know, Hepatitis B requires at least three shots with long intervals between shots.
not sure that is correct (at least for immigration vacinations). I did not have to take the vacination, but when i called to take an appointement they asked me if i need vacinations, never got the impression that it will be a long process. I kind of recall friends who did not have records and just tool all shots in same day
Best to call any of the doctor offices, they are very familiar with the procedure and will definitly give the correct answer.

Losthelp said:
I will have a medical exam next week. But I just found that I don't have vaccination for Hepatitis B. As far as I know, Hepatitis B requires at least three shots with long intervals between shots. Does that mean I have to wait a long time until the three shots are finished, then they can sign my medical form? Those people who have similar situation please reply. Thanks. By the way, do they make a copy of your vaccination record and include it in the sealed envelope?(b/c I do not have official vaccination record). Thank you very much for your help.
It depends from INS doctors.. As per guideline if you have not taken DPT shots in childhood then you have to take those 3 shots over period of time. Some doctors says they take as word about your childhood record obviously they charge more $$$ for it. I would suggest is to call up all local INS doctors and ask bluntly.. Remeber they are there to serve not because you are illl but only to make pure $$$$

Vaccination info

For those with endless questions, please read this. Hep B is not required for adults. See Table 2 in the word doc for adult requirements.

Last edited by a moderator: