Medical exam before anything else?

Calisia

Hi,

Can we take the medical exam before making any filing with the immigration office. Or do we need to file a I-130 or anything forms before we can get the medical exam form? Please help

I took my medical exam before filing and then sent it in with all the paperwork. I believe it is valid for a year :confused:

You need to have the medical exam results to send along with the rest of the documents. Otherwise you would get an RFE - Request for Evidence.
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the medical and send with the package

Calishia,

You said that you are in VA, not sure which part, but will recommend this Civil Surgeons, are very reasonably priced:

Dr. Joseph A. Bellanti, Advanced Health Resources
4600 King Street, Suite 2C
Alexandria, VA 22302
Tel: (703)379-8645
The cost of the entire medical is $89.00, with the exception of X-ray which you will get off-side should he requires one after the BCG Skin Test shot. Also, this is assuming that all of imminization shots are up-to date. If not, then check with local health center in VA for free shots, which would save you some money.

Alternatively, this Dr. below has two locations: Cost is $100, $125,00. Also, assuming that immunization shots are up to date.

Dr. Jyotsna Gupta, Alexandria Health Care Center
6303 Little River Turnpike, Suite 160
Alexandria, VA 22312
Tel: (703)813-2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta, Medical Associates of Northern Virginia
611 South Carlin Springs Road, Suite 504
Arlington, VA 22204
Tel: (703)998-6666

Lastly, don't go for the medical examination on Thursday, because the skin test needs to be read in 2 days, so they will ask you to come back in 2 days to see the results. So, if you go for the medical on Thursday, then you will be forced to go back on Friday for the shot, so save yourself any unnecessary trip. So, go any-day from Monday, with the exception of Thursday.

Good luck....

Calisia said:
Hi,

Can we take the medical exam before making any filing with the immigration office. Or do we need to file a I-130 or anything forms before we can get the medical exam form? Please help

Al Southner said:
Calishia,

You said that you are in VA, not sure which part, but will recommend this Civil Surgeons, are very reasonably priced:

Dr. Joseph A. Bellanti, Advanced Health Resources
4600 King Street, Suite 2C
Alexandria, VA 22302
Tel: (703)379-8645
The cost of the entire medical is $89.00, .

$89? Yikes!! I paid $45 for mine. Man, VA is an expensive place if that's considered cheap.

I paid $210 for mine :eek: Boy are some people lucky!! :p

You should schedule medical as soon as you can keeping in mind that it is good for a year. Some places are filled up and may take longer to get appointment. You don't have to wait till you file to do it.

Al Southner said:
Calishia,

Thank you so much for the tip! I was wondering where to go and we live very close to Alexandria! Much appreciated!

Any one know of Orlando medical exams/surgeons etc.

I am getting cost of taking the medical exam around 300-450 dollars! here in orlando. Wanted to know if anyone on this thread knows of any resonably priced doctors in Orlando area?

DD

Get your doctor (if he's on the list) or somebody he knows (they all know each other) and make him accept your insurance.

eddie_d said:
$89? Yikes!! I paid $45 for mine. Man, VA is an expensive place if that's considered cheap.
$45 is exceptionally cheap I would say, the average is more like $200. Was that for the full medical? Some people are paying $45 just to get their I-693A vaccination supplement filled in.

I paid $250, but didn't have much choice as there is only one civil surgeon in town, and I didn't fancy driving 100 miles round trip to save $30 (the next cheapest and next closest surgeon).

Holy cow

Mine was $110 for the blood tests, $65 for vaccinations, $150 for the exam, and $35 for "injection/draw fees". Total was $405.
I guess not a real big deal since my employer paid for it, but the Dr was a jerk in that his office was SO difficult with regards to providing me a detailed receipt or anything.
If you are in Norfolk VA I do NOT recommend Dr. Soni.

RE: Any one know of Orlando medical exams/surgeons etc.

yep,sarrebal-- i found a doctor who is on my insurance, but there is no cost saving. What he is saying is that the insurance co does not pay for any immigration related check ups/etc. even when the certifying doc accepts the insurance- they have run into problems with the insurance co...i feel like is a silly scam.

anyways just to let you know.
let me know if anyone was able to work the medical exam out based on there insurance covergae.

DD_guy_here said:
yep,sarrebal-- i found a doctor who is on my insurance, but there is no cost saving. What he is saying is that the insurance co does not pay for any immigration related check ups/etc. even when the certifying doc accepts the insurance- they have run into problems with the insurance co...i feel like is a silly scam.

anyways just to let you know.
let me know if anyone was able to work the medical exam out based on there insurance covergae.

Well, I got hooked up by my mother-in-law. She's in the russian community here in NY, so she knows everyone.
I went to her doctor and just paid my $20 copayment for everything.
They didn't even give me any shot, even though they said so on the I-693.
They did give me a sonogram though. Maybe to check if I'm ok, but more likely to overbill my insurance. Who knows! None of my business anyways.
Plus, my secondary insurance refunded me the $20 and I was actually able to claim all the member responsibility on the EOB. I actually made some money :D