Medical done on just the day before the interview?

Mitsy

Registered Users (C)
Is it OK to have the medical exam done on the day before the interview? Do they usually give the result on the same day? I finally got my interview date, but it's on Tuesday. I want to have the medical done on Monday rather than Friday if that's all possible. We can't get the medical done here in the US, right?

I suppose it all varies from doctors to doctors but if you could share any experiences or thoughts on this, I'd be grateful.

Thank you!

Mitsy

About when they get the results, its specific to the hospital where u do the medicals... The place where you are doing medicals would be able to tell u best.

Why dont u start a Tokyo Tracker ;-) So what's your interview date ?

List of doctors?

My interview date is on August 20, 10:15 am! Hmm...Tokyo tracker? I'm afraid I'd be the only one who will be posting on the thread:)

I suppose I need to find out the approved doctors over there then make call them. I didn't think my interview will be in the middle of world wide summer vacation! It's hard to get the ticket in the middle of August, isn't it?

Do you (or anyone looking at this post) know any web sites which list the consular approved doctors? Tokyo's web page doesn't list them there. I suppose it will be included in P4 but I would like to find it out sooner since I'm not even sure if I can get a decent ticket.

Hi Mitsy

Great to hear that you have finally got your interview date. You are right the time lines and standards vary between Doctors. I am leaving next Monday for Sydney. BTW, my Doctor said I can bring blood antibody report (for immunity) and for those not yet immune I can take vaccinations in the US. I have thus finished all my vaccinations here itself - it is free on the insurance here!

Good luck with your medical and interview. We will meet on the "after the green card" board next month! That board seems to be more interesting that this one.

Brb

Thanks, brb!

Thanks! So you are all ready to go, huh? Is your flight make a stop at Japan?

I've decided to stay on the safe site and leave here around the 10th and come back around Labor day. If I get the medical done as soon as I get there, I think that should be alright.

I think I've met all the immunization requirements, but I would like to have them done here if I need any. I heard that getting those shots at embassy designated hospitals cost fortune.

I will definately see you in the next forum as well!

Have a safe trip and good luck!

:D

not via japan

Hi Mitsy,

In Australia the medical tests etc are not as costly as in Japan.
A lot of Australians go through Japan because the best air fares are by Nippon airways. I have never been to Japan before and hope to go through Japan some day. I am leaving by United's direct 15 hour flight from Los Angelese. It is too damn long. It will be nice to get away from the hot summer here to peak winter down under. Might even get to do some skiing.

More when I am back end of August. Take care and do post your experience.

brb

Got P4 and found out more info

I received my P4 last Friday and found out some info. Although not many people here are having their CP done in Japan, I'm going to post this just in case someone is reading.

There are only 5 embassy designated hospitals to get your medicals done in Japan (6, if you include the one in the US military base, which you have to have an access to go there), 3 of them are in Tokyo.

It costs 25000 yen + tax for basic exam and if you pay 33000 yen, you get the result in the next day. Any immunizations done at the time of exam will cost extra. Other wise, the result will be available in 4-5 days.

If the doctor needs to do an antibody titers there, it takes about a week for the results to come in. So I suppose it'll be best to have it done here if you don't have all the immunization record.

Anyway, I made my appointment a week before my interview. Now I need to get an airplane ticket and start to gather all the docs I need.

Thank you both Moulin and brb, for your comments and advice as usual!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: