Medical Certificate format for proof of Vaccination

rachana

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
I Format for proof of Vaccination and TB so that I can save some dollars.
Pls. any of you had a format , pls. let me know.

Thanks
-Rachana Mathur

My vaccination report

My parents were doctors, so I had no trouble getting information about the shots I had. They gave me a letter on my parents nursing home letterhead, just a list something like
MMR: At 3months of age
MMR Booster: At 14years age
Polio :At 5months
Hepatitis B: at 20years of age
etc etc and my dad signed it and stamped with his stamp.
I just showed it to the INS doctor here, escaped without a single shot, since I had all the vaccines. Varicella(chicken pox) I just told the doctor I had it when I was a kid. That\'s it.

No Title

Hi nameless,
Thanks , Do you still remember the actual format ?
It will be very helpful , if you post the actual format so that it will be helpful for all the folks, who are looking.

Thanks a lot,
Expecting your faster reply as I need to get this from my doctor,

-Rachana Mathur.

No Title

rachana,

Since this letter is not sent to INS, and it is just to convince INS doctor that you did infact took those shots etc. in the past, there is no fixed format that you should follow. Note that what ever piece of evidence you are trying to show to INS doctor, it need to convince him/her that you don\'t need those shots.

Normally in US doctor will specify on piece of paper (with doctor\'s name, business address) that you took specified immunization shots (on specified dates) etc. with signature. If you are planning to get some thing from your home country then see if you can get them on letter head.

Actually if you know of sure that you took those immunization shots then you can ask your regular doctor to do blood test for immunization records. It may take app. couple of days to a week to get back results but it should be covered under your regular health insurance.

Good luck
PCee

nameless with a different name

Hi rachana,
as pcee said, you can get tested for the shots, but overall, that will be more expensive than getting the shots. since you show it only to the doctor no specific format is needed. basically you have to convince him that you had all these shots. typically in india, we are given a lot of these shots when we are young, at certain age. you could probably just ask your family doctor to type it up on his letterhead with your name, date of birth and sequence of vaccinations, have him sign it and stamp it with his stamp. that should be enough. but it depends a lot on the doctor, whether he wants to accept it or not. my husband got his bloodtest done for vccinations but he did it as part of his yearly physical, so his insurance covered it. It is definitely more expensive than the shots themseleves.
But if you still want it here is how it is in my report.
               ms xxxxxxxxx
              imminization schedule
1.at birth(aug xxxx) smal pox
2. 3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th months of life: oral polio vaccine sabin type
booster: 1.5 years, 5 years, 10years
5.20 years of age :1.typhum vi(typohid vaccine)
                   2.3 doses as per schedule of engerix-b (hepatitis-b vaccine)

dr. xxxxxxx
                                         m.d
They also did a TB test for me at that time, but the doctor did not accpet it saying it was too long ago. I brought this with me when i first came to us to do my MS. so it was about 2 years old, but the doctor accepted the immunization part of it.

No Title

desi girl,

I thought I wrote "normally insurance will cover blood test for immunization", but yes, you are right it depends on type of insurance i.e. deductible, co-pays etc.

I too wrote that format is not an important issue, but I don\'t think it\'s a good advice to some one to cookup some records from a family doctor because of some mearly assumption that they probably took immunization shots in the past. Note that taking immunization shots is for ones own good.

I don\'t know if it is okay to take the shot even though they took it in the past! If one is really concerned about cost then they can go to county health department and get these shots at very nominal costs rather than paying very high cost to INS doctor.

- PCee

you got me wrong

dear pcee
I never asked the doctor to cook up stuff. being daughter of two doctors i never would say such a thing. what i was saying was ask her family doctor(who would have given her shots) or based on info from her parents. and most insurances don\'t cover immunization or testing for them per se. when i asked my insurance they said they will not cover lab tests. my husband\'s insurance first refused, but when the doctor he went to insisted that it is part of his preventive yearly physical, they paid up. and there are the deductibles to consider. so if you/your parents have an idea of when you had shots, you could get a letter from your doctor with that information. as i said earlier, since my parents were doctors, they knew exactly when and what shots i had.

No Title

desi girl,

I am sorry, I didn\'t mean to say that you coocked up your immunization records. Your parents as they are doctors, probably kept records of your immunization history or atleast they know exactly when and what type of immunization shots they gave you when you were a kid.

But think from the other side, for a normal person do you think that their doctor will remember what type of shots he or she gave to their patient app. 25 years back?

- PCee

Medical report

Friends,
Finally I got my Medical report.
It was not that easy to get those certificates.
After I got . My doctor said it should have dates and MMR has to be within 10yrs.

Thought this will help others,
So Get the "DATED" Vaccine reports

-Rachana Mathur