Means to Delay 485 Approval...Please Help!!

solicit

Registered Users (C)
Fellow GC Riders,

It might sound an irony that I post this in this forum where all of U are eagerly waiting and praying 4 your fastest approval.. But well aware that this forum reperesents one of the best knowledge bases on 485 processing, couldn't help it..
Please help me with valid suggestions ..

I am a single Indian who's going thru the paranoia of 'marriage/GC' . Downturn in economy -resulting fear of job loss combined with the over hyped thoughts that the priority dates would go back in Sep 02, prompted me to jump in to the 485 bandwagon in Mar '02. I did this under the impression that priority dates would go back and as such I would have enough time to find a life partner, before my application would be approved. Now that it's sure that it won't happen, I am totally paranoid that my approval could come in next couple of months and I am in soup....

Is there any means by which I can probably delay my approval w/o jeopardising the GC, in an effort to buy some more time to find a suitable partner.. Please help....

Please be kind enuff not to flame me!!!!!:confused:

RD ?

When is ur RD ? your signature says Apr 2001.
But you say u applied Marich 2002.

Post all relevant details like State,
RD, ND, Fingerprint date, etc so that people can suggest
possible alternatives.

It is indeed a confusing messege. It seems like he is indeed paranoid. Why you think so much, man? Just get your gc first. If your findd a wife, starts it over for your wife. Your wife will have EAD based on your status.

File I-824 to switch your gc path from AOS to consular processing, then hold the consular application as long as you want by NOT filing package III, switch it back to AOS if you find one.

Hope you find a patner before your GC stucks in priority regression.

It's not a legal advice. However, I have never heard that someone intentionally delay his/her gc.

If your RD is 4/2001 there's still time before your approval comes through (maybe in Jan or Feb 2003).

what???

You cannot be serious!!!

If you get your GC you spose will get it easily, even if you have to file hers individually. So you might have to pay for her app, big deal.

If you try to delay your GC and get stuck then both of you are going to be in soup. Dude, if you are planning to go back and dont give a damn about the gc then you can delay it, but then why did you file for the gc in the first place.

Dont delay your app.

Re: mdm, You are wrong!

So you are sugeesting that he hurries and finds a wife, someone whom he will spent hopefully the rest of his life with?

I guess he should decide what is a priority for him.

Originally posted by Girish Rajput
Once he gets his GC, he is in big shit, if he decides to get married to somebody coming from outside the US.
It takes years to get a GC for a spouse if you are a GC holder.
His best bet is to get married soon and put in his spouse's application before he gets his GC.
Just my two cents!
Take care and all the best.

Finding life partner is difficult??? Second largest population in the world.

What is your requirement for life partner.

Dude, Go get marry someone. You will get marry very easily , if your requirements goes down.......

Good luck,

Girish is correct.

As far as I know, if someone wants to bring their spouse from outside US after GC approval, they will have to try through "Family based category". Currently this is taking about 7 years or more.

If solicit wants to marry someone outside US and bring his spouse here, then his only choice is to delay GC. Ric's suggestion makes sense to me, although I dont know anything about it.

solicit, its your call.

two things

1) Solicit - stop being so paranoid.. married life is as such a sensitive/complicated matter to begin with and throwing the GC timeline/pressue in the mix is reason enough for serious usage of Prilosec (or Losec in Europe) (in case you are wondering it is for peptic ulcers). Whatever will be will be. There are plenty of people who are getting their GC on single status (yours truly being one of them). Getting GC doesn't bar you from anything. Just that it will be difficult for your future spouse to get status based on "your" app for the next five years.. but hey - there is the US government backed "Student Business" run by all Universities and F1's are a plenty - YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PAY but big deal - state colleges are cheaper than private ones and even a Ph.D in humanities is fine (all those with Ph.D. in humanities my apologies - I honsetly do not belittle your field), who cares as long as your spouse is here . Your spouse can also come on an H1 (and pelase do not think her not capable enough to get that on her own).. it is getting difficult but not impossible. Then there is the 3 year life program - so quit worrying.. Also, if not US then canadian student visas are possible too.. so you will have to move to Buffalo or Seattle or even Boston and see your spouse every weekend.

I do not know how old you are as that is something which plays out too - if you are 25-26 then even less cause to worry, you will be 31 by the time you are US citizen and so even if you stay single for the next 5 years there is nothing to complain.

Why do you think your spouse will not be capable of doing this on her own? I faced the same predicament/dilemma/confusion (and I think I am not the only statistically significant sample of 1).. and when I saw 2 of my friends get their GC's through their wives I just had to start laughing at myself. the irony.

Two) Girish - please don't scare him by saying he is in "big shit". He is not and he just has to realize that.

In fact to make you feel better it might help if some more single people posted that they were here waiting just like me and you - and I do not intend for this to start turning into a matchmaking so please refrain

Lamborghini,

A very well thought out statement of facts.
I think this should help solicit to think and act rather than trying to solicit information based on seemigly paranoidical ideas.

Solicit, I do empathise with u but u r the only one who can help urself.

lamborghini is true

lamborghini idea is a good one and that is best possible alternative for Solicit right now. I would suggest, one should not hurry in finding spouse for the sake of GC.

Hope things will work out for Solicit. All the best.

Check out the thread "Urgent Situation with H-4 and 485 Approval" posted by Buggle Boy on August 28th 2002.

It clearly explains your situation.

Mad

Thanks + Correction in RD

Thanks lamborghini, Pkala, ric2, Girish and everyone who's lending me a helping hand to give a better insight in to this.

My correct 485 details are as follows

RD : 03/27/02
ND : 04/04/02
FP : 06/28/02
VSC

I am totally inline with what most of you tried to convey i.e choice of life partner is more important than GC. I too believe that life partner determines more of our predicament than GC, which is the basis of this very situation. I do not wanna hurry in to a relationship just bcos of this 485 approval. On the other hand, I would love not to abandon the GC/485 as it has been the result of labour of over 3 yrs. What I am looking forward are some answers to

1. some effective means of delaying the 485 approval , as I am very likely to find a suitable life partner in the next 6-8 mos , since the process is on :) :)

2. Would it do any help to call the IIO and ask for any options to facilitate this

3. Can I file an I-824 to make use of in case of a Follow to Join ( i.e if I am lucky enuff to make it in time) even b4 knowing who the spouse would be .

Lamborgini, I am not totally unaware of other options like H1; but as U know the chances for maintaining an H1 status in US is becoming tough ( esp for ppl with lil or no US exp), even if she can get an H1 visa.

Thanks again 4 ur help and look 4wd to more of ur valuable comments....

Delay tactics

Well if you are serious about delaying your application see ric2's comments he has a good idea.

It is still your decision but think about it once again and talk to your attorney. Based on your RD you still have another 6-8 months to go, so take your time and think it through.

Good Luck

My 2 cents

Solicit,

Search for life partner is not to be rushed b'cos of GC. I totally agree with Lamborgini and his suggestion.

My very close friend was in your shoes about 3 months back and married a girl back home. He was very lucky and his folks were very aggressive and did a good job finding him a nice girl. If you are one like him then its some body back home very smart doing that and have no much control other than seeing pictures.

Know your priority, Dont marry b'cos you have to marry before you get a GC or you both have to get GC the same time.

There are very nice girls here and also as Lamborgini mentioned you can always bring your wife in to the country by other ways.

I believe that "Marriage should be a one time event and it should be done right (Perfect) for social or personal reasons".

Decision is yours my friend and good luck to you.

BVRV