meaning of lud without status change?

Physicist

Registered Users (C)
Please see my timeline below. I got a couple of LUDs on my I-485 a week or so ago, but there has been no email or status change. Does anyone know what this might mean? Are RFEs like this, or do those involve emails, etc.?

It is a "soft" LUD. It means USCIS did something... looked at your file, added some information, processed something... we can not guess what exactly they did, but it was nothing remarkable... otherwise, the status would have changed.

Judging from other's timelines, your name check probably cleared... The FBI is getting faster now.

But like PraetorianXI said, there's no way (short of an infopass) to know for sure.

If USCIS sent out an RFE, your status would have changed to "RFE was sent" so that's probably not what happened.

-ML

K1 -> I-485 -> I-751 -> N-400

Now filing I-130/I-485 for parent...

Hey Physicist,

Good luck with your interview on Sep 22nd. What a coincedence.....my interview happens to be on the same date 9/22. It's scheduled in Atlanta at 9am. Yours is in Houston, what time?

Let's hope we both get approved that same day. I had applied I-130 for my wife back in Feb 2004 & that was approved in Sep 2007. I dunno if that helps convincing the officer to make a positive decision.

Thanks, Atlanta_Brother. My interview is in the morning too. BTW, my spouse is from Atlanta and we visit often.

Sounds like you've been waiting for a long time. You definitely deserve to get approved! Best of luck. I'm not worried about the interview, but am not very confident of my namecheck clearing ... I have a very common name of a certain "scary" religion ...