May Bulletin

Sandeep_N

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone have any information about the May bulletin P.D. from the consulate/other websites?
Thanks
Sandeep

Sandeep
none that i can see off until now
we could expect some new next week, got to wait
i know its frustrating we are getting close to the last quarter which makes me feel ok

/s

samirgandhi said:
My interview is on May - 02 in mumbai. You can just call them up or send an email to find out.
Samir,
Thanks for letting us know. That means we should be seeing the bulletin very shortly. I am in EB3 - have been told not to pester the consulate till the P.D. is currrent :D
Sandeep

Last edited by a moderator:
r_sada said:
Mr.Samir
what is your PD ?

/S
Sada
here is the answer

#3 8th April 2005, 12:56 PM
samirgandhi
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2005

Mine is EB2.

Once VISA bullettin is released can i immediately call Mumbai Consulate and ask for the interview date(Presuming that May VISA bulletin makes my PD current)or i need to wait few days before calling them.Iam waiting for May VISA bulletin from past one week,my family's travel plans are totally dependent on that.

Srikar45, If you are thinking that your PD may become current in may 2005, I guess then you can get in touch with the consulate right now or can wait until the dates are officially released. you don't have to wait for long time after the dates are out officially. And more over consulates may have the dates for May 2005 well before they are publicly advertised.

srikar45 said:
Once VISA bullettin is released can i immediately call Mumbai Consulate and ask for the interview date(Presuming that May VISA bulletin makes my PD current)or i need to wait few days before calling them.Iam waiting for May VISA bulletin from past one week,my family's travel plans are totally dependent on that.
Srikar45,
Contact the consulate - I believe they start having the P.D. info from around the 10th. You do not have to wait for the bulletin if you feel that your P.D. is almost current.
Sandeep

Hi
Some good news on the forward movement on the EB3 skilled labor category to Jun 1 2002 in the upcoming May bulletin, though it doesn't move as fast it is expected and some good predictions on forward movement for now.

Following are the excerpts from murthy.com site
EB3 Retrogression Expected to Continue

The Employment-Based Third Preference Other Worker (EB3 - OW) category for semi-skilled and unskilled workers is likely to continue to retrogress further since demand in this category is apt to increase. The number of immigrant visas available will be reduced from 10,000 to only 5,000 due to usage under NACARA.

There is better news on the EB3 Skilled / Professional Worker category, which is more relevant for most MurthyDotCom and MURTHYBULLETIN readers. The EB3 is for those in positions where the job duties require a minimum of either a bachelor's degree or at least two years of experience. This category, which experienced retrogression starting on January 1, 2005 for persons from India, mainland China, and the Philippines, should continue to see forward movement in the priority dates.

Mr. Oppenheim shared in advance that the May 2005 Visa Bulletin is expected to show that persons who have priority dates before June 1, 2002, will be able to file an I-485 application to adjust status or pursue consular processing beginning May 1, 2005. The DOS is working carefully to try to prevent any further EB3 retrogressions for now.

For further reference:
http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html

Wonder Why

Oh Geez
i wonder WHY murthy.com is all of sudden predicting that EB3 Skilled workers PDs will move forward in the future months, especially since they were saying that EB3 and EB2 will retrogress untill last month

/S

If you cant convince then confuse

r_sada said:
Oh Geez
i wonder WHY murthy.com is all of sudden predicting that EB3 Skilled workers PDs will move forward in the future months, especially since they were saying that EB3 and EB2 will retrogress untill last month

/S

There is a famous saying "If you can't convince then confuse". May be Murthy's firm is doing that to swing any movement in their favor. They have all contradicting stuff like sometimes will say ____ category will likely retrogress and sometimes ____ category will move forward. I really wonder from where they get these conclusions. They are confusing people with their conclusions. I guess its better not to conclude but report the fact. DO you guys agree????

Absolutely right. !!!

you stole the words out of my mouth...

I agree with you 100%....

They seem to be creatively manipulating....

Just so that they can claim ... we had predicted this and that....

LaborCleared said:
There is a famous saying "If you can't convince then confuse". May be Murthy's firm is doing that to swing any movement in their favor. They have all contradicting stuff like sometimes will say ____ category will likely retrogress and sometimes ____ category will move forward. I really wonder from where they get these conclusions. They are confusing people with their conclusions. I guess its better not to conclude but report the fact. DO you guys agree????

Guys,
May VISA bulletin is released.For EB3 dates has been moved to 01Jun02 guess what my PD is May 31 2002. So i just made it...