• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

May Bulletin is Out

Not really. I am waiting my dv2010 result. If I have no luck this year maybe I cant go to US forever. This year is the last year for DV lottery. The immigration reform will stop funding this program. No DV2011 . . .:(:(:(

Hi, answer my question please. I eagerly to know so much.

Hi Bongthom,

I read your signature and I guess you must be one of Thai DV2009 selectee. My spouse is also one of them and I am her dependence. I am glad to have another Thai here in this webboard. To you question, technically YES!!!, everyone will have an equal chance for an interview. I think they will ramdomly call in. It must go very fast and a large volume of selectees will come for the interview. So be prepare all the document needed!!

As this year the U.S economics is still moving sluggist, many people from developed countries might consider and have second thought to stay in their places, which have more job secure and good income, rather than trying their lucks in the states at this moment. Also the swine flu might have some effect as well. I guess this year is such lucky for anyone, especially from developing country, wishing to seek more quality of life than what they currently have in their home countries (e.g. promising good education, beauty of strickly preserved natural environment and resources, less pollution, no bad headache traffic jam, strickly law and regulation and everyone respects it, people tend to judge things on reason basis beyond emotional feeling, less dark-side influent people (gangsters and mafia), people respect privacy,....ect). I hope you will have a chance for the interview very soon.

Hi kritvichu,
Thank for encouraging me and your valuable words. Even if US economics is in downturn I must go there if i have chance. I am tired of political situation here so much. I hope my country will recover to stability soon. My business here is in crisis now. No more visitors, I lost every month. I have IT skills so I hope I can find good job in US. I believe in Obama Administration he can solve financial crisis. I vote for democrat in thai and if in US also.

who told you that? Obama himself?

I was talking to him last night, I have his phone numebr if you want it? its:

1800-whitehouse :)

this happens every year of the DV, the "is it going to be canceled debate"
you have no idea how dangerously close it came to cancellation during the last immigration reforms. That bill was passed by the house, and finally failed in the senate at the 11th hour:

On June 28, the bill failed to get the 60 votes necessary to end debate. The final cloture vote lost 46-53.[8] This effectively ended its chances, and President Bush said he was disappointed at Congress's failure to act on the issue.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehensive_Immigration_Reform_Act_of_2007

I really don't think there will be any major immigration reforms until the banking crises is cleared up, maybe in a few years.