May 2009 | I-751 Filers

There are two people just like you,same address, same case #'s and with identical emails.. congratulations :)
Myredskins.

You are funny. Now my head is even more screwed up... LOL! Sorry for being ultra paranoyed. I just got a letter from our local USCIS office. The letter is informing me that the application has been approved. However, this is a bit strange that it came from the local office instead of CSC. Normal? who knows....

This is what I got:

Congratulations! Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. You are deemed to be a lawful permanent resident of the United States as of the date of your original admission or adjustment status.

you should receive a new Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551 (green card), within 60 days. Your card will include a mailer, form I-797D, with important information about your status, responsibilies, and permanent resident services available to you......

No email notifications but I am glad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Myredskins.

You are funny. Now my head is even more screwed up... LOL! Sorry for being ultra paranoyed. I just got a letter from our local USCIS office. The letter is informing me that the application has been approved. However, this is a bit strange that it came from the local office instead of CSC. Normal? who knows....

This is what I got:

Congratulations! Your request for the removal of the conditional basis of your permanent resident status has been approved. You are deemed to be a lawful permanent resident of the United States as of the date of your original admission or adjustment status.

you should receive a new Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551 (green card), within 60 days. Your card will include a mailer, form I-797D, with important information about your status, responsibilies, and permanent resident services available to you......

No email notifications but I am glad.

I guess ur feeling really light today.. be happy :)

card production ordered!!!!!!!!!!!

i just check my email and i got the "card production order" status, email time 6:00 PM today!!!!!!:eek:

Thank you Myredskins. Yes... no more burden. It is a good feeling. You will get yours soon.

Congrats to Unidengrant too!

I am thinking another month, then we can start seeing breaking results for VSC May filers. Watch this space :) :cool:
LUD today:

"On August 15, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service."

I will still check this site to see how you guys are doing.

Good luck!!!

My I751 timeline.

May 14th they received my package.:)
June 16 I did my biometrics.:)
Current Status: Case received and pending :)

751 update!!!

friday 08/14/09 received approval letter!!! (print out on white paper)and at the bottom the local ASC office information, but envelope have lincoln, nebraska address!!!!!! :confused:

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!!

friday 08/14/09 received approval letter!!! (print out on white paper)and at the bottom the local ASC office information, but envelope have lincoln, nebraska address!!!!!! :confused:

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!!
CONGRATS Unigengrant!

That is the same for me where the letter comes from the local office. But I was told that the actual card and the notice that comes with it will be from CSC. Strange but that is how they work I guess.

Good luck everyone.

I had my bio done today. It took a while since they have just opened this ASC and they had some opening ceremony today... but the whole fingerprinting went fast, she had to retake a few prints, though...
Right after this I checked the case status and it was touched, but the same message was there about my case being processed.
I thought I would let you know. Now the waiting begins...

I had my bio done today. It took a while since they have just opened this ASC and they had some opening ceremony today... but the whole fingerprinting went fast, she had to retake a few prints, though...
Right after this I checked the case status and it was touched, but the same message was there about my case being processed.
I thought I would let you know. Now the waiting begins...

Welcome to the Club.

GC received!!!!!!

:)GC received!!!!!!

came in the mail yesterday!!!!!!!! now the countdown begins to the citizenship!!!! the 90 day window start first week on march 2010!!!

Good luck Everyone!!

CONGRATS Unigengrant!

That is the same for me where the letter comes from the local office. But I was told that the actual card and the notice that comes with it will be from CSC. Strange but that is how they work I guess.

Good luck everyone.

Congratulations, ssachung and Unigengrant! This must be one of the most welcome news this year. My time to file is coming up soon i.e. Sept. 4th and I was wondering if you guys sent in a copy of your respective marriage certificates. If yes, were those obtained from the clerk's office or a photocopy?

My husband and I had our civil marriage performed in April 2007 and we celebrated our traditional church wedding in Aug 2008. I am planning to attach several photographs of the church wedding ceremony and dinner reception we had with our family members. Do you think this is a good idea since we only had our religious wedding with all the pomp and pageantry 1 year and 4 months later? The reason being we had to co-ordinate family members in 2 countries and us being in the US. Also, we had to attend Pre-Cana etc. to get the go-ahead from the church authorities.

Anyone else who had their religious wedding rites in their native country much later like our case? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, ssachung and Unigengrant! This must be one of the most welcome news this year. My time to file is coming up soon i.e. Sept. 4th and I was wondering if you guys sent in a copy of your respective marriage certificates. If yes, were those obtained from the clerk's office or a photocopy?

My husband and I had our civil marriage performed in April 2007 and we celebrated our traditional church wedding in Aug 2008. I am planning to attach several photographs of the church wedding ceremony and dinner reception we had with our family members. Do you think this is a good idea since we only had our religious wedding with all the pomp and pageantry 1 year and 4 months later? The reason being we had to co-ordinate family members in 2 countries and us being in the US. Also, we had to attend Pre-Cana etc. to get the go-ahead from the church authorities.

Anyone else who had their religious wedding rites in their native country much later like our case? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Many thanks in advance.
Congrats Unigengrant

K.ambrose.

No worries about when you take the photos. As long as you have a few more than 10. Here are what I sent:

- 3 student loans applications, dispersement and the payment on the same address as our residence.
- Car loan showing both names.
- Auto insurance.
- 3 credit cards bills addressed to our residence (since wife have bad credit, it will be stupid to add her on and get higher APR).
- Marriage cert (copy)
- About 20 photos.
- Cards and letters from freinds on our wedding.
- 8 Affidavits from co-workers, friends and Family.
- Currently apparement lease.
- 401K beneficiary.
- Live and supplimental insurance listed wife as beneficiary.
- 2008 Joint tax return. Yes... only one because wife gets more filling separate and we accidentally sent out our draft that wasn't signed!!! Even the attorney didn't see that so we let it slide hoping INS will missed it too... apparently they did. So REMEMBER TO SIGN YOUR DOCUMENTS!

And the forms, cover letter from the attorney listing the supporting documents we sent. If you do it yourself, it is a good idea to have a cover leter as well telling them what you sent.

We didn't put down anything like utility bills since most of those is under our own name and it will be a pain to change. Also, my wife never change her last name since I don't care much about that in my culture.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Congrats Unigengrant

K.ambrose.

No worries about when you take the photos. As long as you have a few more than 10. Here are what I sent:

- 3 student loans applications, dispersement and the payment on the same address as our residence.
- Car loan showing both names.
- Auto insurance.
- 3 credit cards bills addressed to our residence (since wife have bad credit, it will be stupid to add her on and get higher APR).
- Marriage cert (copy)
- About 20 photos.
- Cards and letters from freinds on our wedding.
- 8 Affidavits from co-workers, friends and Family.
- Currently apparement lease.
- 401K beneficiary.
- Live and supplimental insurance listed wife as beneficiary.
- 2008 Joint tax return. Yes... only one because wife gets more filling separate and we accidentally sent out our draft that wasn't signed!!! Even the attorney didn't see that so we let it slide hoping INS will missed it too... apparently they did. So REMEMBER TO SIGN YOUR DOCUMENTS!

And the forms, cover letter from the attorney listing the supporting documents we sent. If you do it yourself, it is a good idea to have a cover leter as well telling them what you sent.

We didn't put down anything like utility bills since most of those is under our own name and it will be a pain to change. Also, my wife never change her last name since I don't care much about that in my culture.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Thank you very much for your prompt and helpful reply, ssachung. We're preparing the package ourselves just like the first time in '07. I would really appreciate it if you and everyone in this thread could give me some feedback in regards to the list we're compiling for our application when you get the chance. Again, thanks a lot.

Our landlord didn't require a lease for the apartment we're in, so we never signed any paperwork for that. Also, my husband and I were in 2 different states in '07, thankfully we were approved. Now we are living in the same place and no more Amtrak-ing for me anymore :)

My list:

1) A cover letter detailing my package contents.
2) Form I-751 - completed and signed.
3) Personal Check for the application & biometrics fee - $ 545.00

4) Copies of my USCIS Form I-551 front and back (LPR card).
5) Copies of spouse’s confirmation for the Change of Address.
6) Copy of my USCIS form AR-11 filed on time after the move.

7) Copy of marriage certificate.
8) Copies of our joint checking account statements – 5 copies of various time points until current month.
9) Copies of our joint health, dental and prescription insurance documents and cards.

10) Copies of IRS transcripts for tax filed jointly for 2007 and 2008.
11) Copies of state tax filed jointly for 2007 and 2008.
12) Copy of our economic stimulus payment letter in 2008.

13) 24 photographs showing our traditional marriage back home with family members and vacations (dates ranging from 2008-current).

14) Copies of our utility bills (assorted) establishing the same residence.
15) Copies of our wedding congratulatory cards received.
16) Copies of joint AAA memberships.

What do you guys think?

K. ambrose,

I forgot to say that we did only civil marriage and no wedding pictures since this is my wife's second marriage and I don't care much of spending too much just on pictures so we didn't have any pictures of eloborate ceremonies. What we did was wrote down something about the picture. Like the place we went to and for what purpose. Personalized it I guess.

Are you putting any affidavits in? Some people say no need but if you have a few people that are willing to do it, like your parents from both sides, I think it would help. Must be notarized but local law firm or some banks do it too (if you are a member). We have a few photos of them attached to the affidavits. Again, make it personal and more 'human" instead of just a piece of paperwork.

The list looks very good. Just to clearify, so now you 2 are living together or still separate? When we file ours, we were still living in separate state due to work and family obligations. But because so many documents addressed to one place (our primary residence), it is easier for us to present our case by using just one address. If you do use 2 different addresses, do get prepare to explain why if they ask. I am not sure if you should explain to them in a note but why rock the boat. DADT mentality.

One of the biggest problems we have at the beginning was we don't have lot of joint documents other than bank statements. We don't really own anything. Truthfully, not everyone has a lot of debts together if they have very good financial sense. But we ended up racking up loans and bills.

Best of luck. Will check back later.

K. ambrose,

I forgot to say that we did only civil marriage and no wedding pictures since this is my wife's second marriage and I don't care much of spending too much just on pictures so we didn't have any pictures of eloborate ceremonies. What we did was wrote down something about the picture. Like the place we went to and for what purpose. Personalized it I guess.

Are you putting any affidavits in? Some people say no need but if you have a few people that are willing to do it, like your parents from both sides, I think it would help. Must be notarized but local law firm or some banks do it too (if you are a member). We have a few photos of them attached to the affidavits. Again, make it personal and more 'human" instead of just a piece of paperwork.

The list looks very good. Just to clearify, so now you 2 are living together or still separate? When we file ours, we were still living in separate state due to work and family obligations. But because so many documents addressed to one place (our primary residence), it is easier for us to present our case by using just one address. If you do use 2 different addresses, do get prepare to explain why if they ask. I am not sure if you should explain to them in a note but why rock the boat. DADT mentality.

One of the biggest problems we have at the beginning was we don't have lot of joint documents other than bank statements. We don't really own anything. Truthfully, not everyone has a lot of debts together if they have very good financial sense. But we ended up racking up loans and bills.

Best of luck. Will check back later.

Hi ssachung,
Thanks a lot for your response. We're living together now in NJ. We have done the change of addresses for the both of us (AR-11 and sponsor's change of residence). I'll try to get hold of a couple of affidavits then. Hopefully we can get our cousins or someone else in time. Thanks, again :)