May 2009 | I-751 Filers

I just added my receipt number to my USCIS online portfolio and: :D

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On May 20, 2009, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

And right after you log in and you see the list of cases (guess only 1) whats the last updated date? You had your Bio Yesterday so I am wondering if thats still the case received date or something different?

They will mail most of the docs that matter to the address you will provide when you file your I-751. So I dont think you should worry about your old address. WHen submitting your I-751 remember to include a list of addresses you have lived at since becoming a PR.

Adios,

And good luck.

Hi guys,
Time has flown by so quickly from the time we all first made this journey in '07! Good to see Praetorian and myredskins still being active and helpful participants here :) My turn to file for the I-751 will be in the first fews days of Sept.

Quick question here, when I filed for and received my Permanent Residency status I was living in Delaware; I moved to NJ to be with my husband in early May. Subsequently, I completed the online change of address and my husband,too, sent and received the confirmation for sponsor's change of address.

I have a nagging doubt that the USCIS might just send something important to my former residence in DE inspite of all these address change notifications.

Has anyone have a similar experience and how did you deal with it? Thanks, guys,

Regarding Change of Address

Praetorian,

Congrats for the LUD on your case,

I have one quick question on Change of Address, If you move from the original place do you need to change address online for both the sponsor [US Citizen] and the Beneficiary or just the Beneficiary?

I have read that if you are US citizen you do not need to change the address online.

In my case i have only changed my address online when i moved and not my wife's as she is a US Citizen.

Please advise,

Thx in advance

Praetorian,

Congrats for the LUD on your case,

I have one quick question on Change of Address, If you move from the original place do you need to change address online for both the sponsor [US Citizen] and the Beneficiary or just the Beneficiary?

I have read that if you are US citizen you do not need to change the address online.

In my case i have only changed my address online when i moved and not my wife's as she is a US Citizen.

Please advise,

Thx in advance

Hey buddyamigo,

According to my understanding if ur wife had I-864 filled out as a sponsor then she has to change her address too.

If u check the I-865, SPonsor's Notice of Change of Address form
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-865.pdf

When Should I Use FOrm I-865?
If at any time in the past you completed Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, to sponsor an immigrant, you are required to report your change of address within 30 days of the change if the sponsorhip agreeement is still in force.

Part I question 6 is if she is a citizen. and it doesnt say that if u checked citizen you dont have to send it in.

also in the I-864 docs can see:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864.pdf

Do I Have to Report MyChange of Address If I Move?
Federal law requires that every sponsor report every change ofaddress to the USCIS within 30 days of the change. To do this, send a completed Form I-865, Sponsor's Change of Address, to the Service Center having jurisdiction over your new address. Do not complete Form I-865 at the same time that youcomplete the I-864.

I wonder how others understand this?

Hi

Hey Davben

What i was asking was do i still need to fill out AR11 for my wife?

We have already submitted I865 and my AR11 change of address [since i am just a Permanent Resident]?

Again as per my research US Citizens are not required to fill out AR11.

Thx
Himesh

Hey Davben

What i was asking was do i still need to fill out AR11 for my wife?

We have already submitted I865 and my AR11 change of address [since i am just a Permanent Resident]?

Again as per my research US Citizens are not required to fill out AR11.

Thx
Himesh

AR11 thats for aliens only.. We didnt do that for her either. AS they are citizens and not aliens they dont need that i guess!

I will try to find the envelope tomorrow and see the stamp but as I recall i got that letter approx 40-70 days before my window opening.. but im not so certain ...

Hey k.ambrose ,

I have checked the envelope it was mailed on 4/20 which is approx 40 days before my window opening.
Dav

Just letting you know, I got my first notice yesterday... now waiting for the letter with the biometrics appointment date. I had a late start...
Anyways, I can't check my case status yet since they tell you in the notice to wait for the ASC appointment letter in which they will include the receipt number...

Just letting you know, I got my first notice yesterday... now waiting for the letter with the biometrics appointment date. I had a late start...
Anyways, I can't check my case status yet since they tell you in the notice to wait for the ASC appointment letter in which they will include the receipt number...

What is your service center? Cali or Vermont?

Hi Taho,

You never replied to me.. where does it clearly state on the NOA1 that the case number will only work after the biometrics are taken? I quoted from my NOA1 which doesnt say that..

You said:
"In the NOA1 noticed it is mentioned CLEARLY that you can access your account number ONLY after your bio appointment. I am surprised that you guys consider this like magic or something phenomenal but it is mentioned clearly. No offense. "

My NOA1 reads like this:
"Upon receipt of your ASC appintment notice you can find the status of your case on-line at www.uscis.gov, . To view the status of your case, enter the application number found at the top of the ASC appointment notice. NOTE: The I-751 form type will be listed as "CRI89" under the application type in our case status on-line tool."

I am sorry for not replying since I have been so busy in the last few weeks. I went to the originial notice and it clearly says that at the end. It says that after you do you ASC you can access your case online. Also another member of this forum mentioned this I think in the last 2 days.

It is VSC.

But guess what, I got my biometrics appointment today! It was super fast! I got NOA and extension letter on Monday, and BIO appointment today (Thursday), are the VSC speeding up or something? Anyways, my BIO appointment is on August 21, and I was wondering if I could go any earlier for this appointment? Maybe that would speed things up a little? What is your advice on this? And this time I don't have to drive all the way to San Antonio (like before), now I am scheduled to go to Austin ASC (maybe they have just opened this one)...

Just forgot to add that my case status showed up online the same day I received my BIO appointment letter, so I didn't have to wait for the fingerprints to be taken... just to let you know...

But it seems nobody was checking here today...

Hello everyone!

Does anyone ever checks what's going on here??? ;)
I hoped someone would answer my question about walk-in fingerprints.... but no answers...

How are your cases going?

Hello everyone!

Does anyone ever checks what's going on here??? ;)
I hoped someone would answer my question about walk-in fingerprints.... but no answers...

How are your cases going?

Hey Magda!

Good to see you back here. :)

I check this thread from time to time, but not as often as I used to.

I just got back from my trip to Europe and everything went well at the PoE. Even though I had the stamp in my passport, the officer still wanted to see my expired plastic. She didn't want to see the "extension letter," though. Oh well, what matters is that I'm back in the US.

As for the walk-in FP/Bio, a lot of people have done it with much success. I don't know if it really speeds up anything, but at least you get it over with. Personally, I wouldn't do it as I'd be too afraid that something would get messed up, but that's just me... :D

Powodzenia!