May 2002 I-485 Approved finally

fallenw

Registered Users (C)
Just got the approval emails for myself and my wife, nothing yet for my son.
Straighforward case, same job, same address all through the process of labor, I-485 but it still took over 2 and 1/2 years for I-485 approval.

No RFE's or interviews.

3 AP and EAD's , 2nd set of fingerprints and an expedite request and complaint to the VSC about 3 months ago.

Congrats - and question ..

First .. Congrats .. you give all the '02 filers some hope.

Can you just shed some light on how you went about sending the expedite request and complaints to VSC.

Any help will be greatly appreaciated.

AGAIN ... CONGRATULATIONS !!

July02GC

ND 07/02
RD 07/02
FP2 08/03/2004
3 APs and 3 EADs

how to request expedite

I sent 2 faxes and 1 regular mail to the details listed below, this is all taken from thw USCIS webiste in the feedback section under service centers.

Customer Feedback:
We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, we would like to know. If we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know that as well. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Center Director, at:
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 1000
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479.

Note in the heading of the letter and on the envelope: "FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR."

General Expedite Procedures By Fax
The VSC has always been strict with respect to approving requests for special processing. Individuals who are seeking expeditious handling can FAX the Center at (802) 527-4816 to request an expedite.

The fax line is available 24 hours a day. Expedite requests are reviewed Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:00 PM.

General Expedite Procedures By Mail
The VSC will also accept EXPEDITE requests through WRITTEN Correspondence.

A letter requesting the expedite of a case along with any supporting information should be mailed to the VSC. The envelope MUST be marked with "EXPEDITE REQUEST".

Please mail expedite request to:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
ATTN: Expedite Request
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479

Great Approach

I wanted to appreciate the approach you have taken. Use information
VSC has provided to get back to them. That's the way. Kudos !!!

And now my worst scare.....2003 & 2004 filers ( who think their I-485's
are due ) are going to flood VSC with letters , all marked with
"PERSONAL ATTENTION FOR DIRECTOR".

In another 2 - 3 months, this window too will therefore get closed,
and the words "PERSONAL ATTENTION" and "EXPEDITE" will loose
their meanings :)

Funny , isn't it ?

Thanks for the response ..

Hi FallenW ... thanks for the quick response.

I have tried to follow-up thru Senator's office. The response I got was that the file is with "adjudicating officer" and would need 60 days or something like that.

Wonder if anybody has any past experience like this. Does this mean that something is going to happen or is it standard way to respond to queries.

Any input from anyone is welcome.

RD 07/02
ND 07/02
FP2 08/04