May 2001 RD I-485 Approved

annamalaiv

Folks,

I would like to inform you all that me and my family received I-485 approval. Details of my application are as follows:

12/8/2000 Priority Date

01-238-xxxxx
RD 5/17/2001
ND 7/20/2001
Fingerprint Notice Date 10/25/2001
Fingerprint Scheduled Date 11/21/2001 (Oakland)
Fingerprint Given Date 11/02/2001 (san Jose)
Fingerprint Received message in AVM on 11/16/2001
Processing Resumed Message in AVM on 12/29/2001
AD 1/10/2002
Passport Stamping Date 1/15/2002

This board has been very supportive and co-operative in its efforts to alleviate the pain and suffering caused as a result of this waiting game. Its time to relax and look at what the future has in store for me.

Best Wishes to You All.

vannamal, do we need to go with the original 485 approval notice from attorney when we go for stampi

Or can we just go with the copy we get from INS? What else do we need to take? can you please explain your stamping experience?

Original 485 approval notice is technically required

Seshu,

I went with the courtesy copy and got my stamping done. Technically the officer can send you back asking you to bring the original notice.

Please enter the building through Sansome Street entrance, the queue is not that long. You will be in and out by an hour. The office opens at 8:00 AM. I was out by 9 AM. Just drop your approval notice in Room 200B slot. After sometime your name(s) will be called on the microphone asking you to show up at counter 19. The officer will read out the address on the approval notice and ask whether it is your current address. Then the officer will ask for your passports, 2 ADIT photographs. Then he will take an impression of your left and right index finger, I believe and will ask you to sign on the form. He will inform you that it will take around 30 minutes for you to get the passport back. Within 30 minutes your name(s) will be called asking you to pick up your stamped passport. The stamp is valid for a year from your Approval date. He or She will then will inform you that it will take upto 1 year to receive the actual plastic when handing over the passport. With that you can travel and work in the US.

Regards