May 01, 2002 approved

huhu03

Registered Users (C)
I got email today that our I-485 cases were eventually approved on March 21 (whole family) aftert the completion of FBI name check on Feb 23, 2005. It's almost 35 months since filing I-485.

I have nothing to be happy and to complain, but would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people in this Great Forum and the one who created and maintained it.

Huhu,

Congrats! Having read your post in other thread, I know what you have been through, this is well deserved!!

I am almost in the exact situation as you were --- mine is a Dec 2002 case and my name check did not complete until a few days ago, could you tell me after your name check is done, did you do anything to bug the USCIS (ie. ask congressman for inquire, call the USCIS national service center, etc).

Enjoy!

caiyw01

Congrats

Congratulations :D Enjoy your freedom.

I can understand the frustration you went through as my Name Check is also pending for more than 18 months .
Did you contact FBI for other than normal enquiry?

masood_55 said:
Congratulations :D Enjoy your freedom.

I can understand the frustration you went through as my Name Check is also pending for more than 18 months .
Did you contact FBI for other than normal enquiry?
Masood_55 and huhu03,
How does one find out if the Name Check is cleared?
thanks

Caiyw001;

No, I didnot bug USCIS. I was thinking to contact Senator but just got email.

Good luck to you.

Masood & Durham;

I found out with the help of Senator that the stuck of our I-485 was due to pending Name Check last December. Then I started contacting congressman and senator but was told that they could not help me on Name Check. I started searching this forum and found a post by "Rohul". He was so nice to share his long journey in Name Check. I followed his advice to apply for FOIPA first. After failing to secure the help from Congressman and Senator, I started writing to David Hardy (head of Name check) and Mr. Hooton (Assistant Director) via certified mail. Fortunately I think the letter really works as I sent the mail on Feb 11 and they completed my name check on Feb 23, 2005 while my wife's name check was completed on Jan 07, 2003 (so funny, ha). Of course my letter explained why I need it done and the mentor stress I experienced. Thanks God, and Mr. Hardy and Mr. Hooton.

huhu03 please let me know how to contact the name check assistant director and their adresses. I had applied mine in aug 2002 and still waiting for 2nd FP. Let me know how did you write a letter by mail , fax or email. I would like to pursue my name check.

Thank you

Happy GC to you and family :D

HTML:
          ~                  ~
  ~       *                *         ~    *          
              *       ~        *              *   ~
                  )         (         )              *
    *    ~     ) (_)   (   (_)   )   (_) (  *
           *  (_) # ) (_) ) # ( (_) ( # (_)       *
              _#.-#(_)-#-(_)#(_)-#-(_)#-.#_    
  *         .' #  # #  #  # # #  #  # #  # `.   ~     *
           :   #    #  #  #   #  #  #    #   :   
    ~      :.       #     #   #     #       .:      *
        *  | `-.__                     __.-' | *
           |      `````"""""""""""`````      |         *
     *     |         | ||\ |~)|~)\ /         |    
           |         |~||~\|~ |~  |          |       ~
   ~   *   |           __     __             | * 
           |          /  _   /               |         *
   *    _.-|          \__| o \__                       |-._  
      .'   '.      ~            ~           .'   `.  *
      :      `-.__                     __.-'      :
       `.         `````"""""""""""`````         .'
         `-.._                             _..-'
              `````""""-----------""""`````

Good Luck

Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom.
I have a situation similar to yours. My 485 approval is still waiting for FBI Name Check. It seems that I should follow your journey. Thanks

==================
ND: 09/2002
FP: 12/11/2004
AD: ??????????

I got the reply today about Name Check

Hi,

I got the email replied from FBI regarding the inquiry I emailed last November of the name check. It's funny to get this reply after four months being told that name check was completed in December, 2002, just a couple of days after my RD. But I still feel relaxed off the worrying over name check. Maybe only one point to doubt, it is said the result was sent to the headquarters of USCIS in Washington, DC. It's other than TSC. Does anybody get the same or similar replying email?

Dear huhu03;

Thank you for sharing important inforamtion with us (2002 applicants). But I have one request. Could you please share your letter addressed to Name Check director? Thanks

ND: 09/2002
FP:12/2004
AD: ??????????

The letter is related with personal stuff. I think that you need to list all the reasons and mental stress you and your family are experiencing.