Maximum Waiting Time between passing the citizenship exam and the OATH OF CEREMONY

ramd

Registered Users (C)
I have been waiting from 02/28/2002(passed the citizenship exam in New orleans Louisiana)which is almost 100 days.My first receipt of N400 application was way back on 01/20/2001 almost 17 months ago.As My case is a little DIFFERENT as I had to submit my divorce certificate and the new marriage certificate(03/14/2002) to the INS upon request on the day I passed the citizenship exam(02/28/2002). I have been hearing that there is going to be an oath ceremony on this July 4th holiday through out USA. The next one is going to be on the citizens day (09/17/2002?).Anyone posting the Maximum Waiting Time between passing the citizenship exam and the OATH OF CEREMONY will be deeply appreciated as my new wife could join me as soon as I become a citizen and will be eligible for applying for the K3 visa for her. Thanks

mariahoneyy

What makes you say that more than 6 months . It is one year now since I passed my exam. last time I visited INS New Orleans I was told I will get the oath ceremony letter in a month or two(01/14/2003). There seems to be nothing happening as of now.

It could be 20 years later ...only God knows.
As an example, 2 of my friends got their oath letter within 15 days of their interview whereas I had the interview before them & I did not get yet the letter.

WHY ?????

There is no SEQUENCE to getting the letter.

I think it depends on who took your interview.

Different person different oath delays.