Max length of stay for Spouse

vidyakalyan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My 485 was approved on 03/09/05 and got stamping on 03/29/05. But still we have not received plastic card and also the case status has not changed to anything (not even plastic card ordered ....)

My wife is planning to go to India and stay there for 6 months (from end of September 05 to end of March 06).

Will there be any problems for her when she comes back because she is staying > 6 months? Anyhow I will be here and only she goes to India.

Can anyone let me know about that so that I can book the tickets accordingly.

Thanks,
Kalyan

vidyakalyan said:
Hi,

My 485 was approved on 03/09/05 and got stamping on 03/29/05. But still we have not received plastic card and also the case status has not changed to anything (not even plastic card ordered ....)

My wife is planning to go to India and stay there for 6 months (from end of September 05 to end of March 06).
----------- if she has her passport stamped then she can travel with that stamp, she needs to be back before stamp expires or needs to contact US consulate if Stamp expires. she can stay out of US less than 1 year but if she wants to apply citizenship then better she should be back before she hits 6 months ( better should be back before 180 days)
Will there be any problems for her when she comes back because she is staying > 6 months?
---------no
Anyhow I will be here and only she goes to India.

Can anyone let me know about that so that I can book the tickets accordingly.

Thanks,
Kalyan