Master's Quota for H1-Urgent

iudalal

Hi,

I am a student currently on F1 visa.I will be defending my thesis in February but I will be a spring(May) graduate.

I was wondering if I get a letter from my department stating that I have finished my Master's degree requirements by March 1st i.e a provisional Masters degree (but I will get my diploma in May) and if I have a job offer by Feb, then can I apply in the Master's Quota for the H1 visa which I believe opens on April 1st? or will I be applying in the general quota??

I hope to apply in the Master's quota.Please let me know if this is possible.If not what are the other alternatives? and I was also wondering what is the latest status on H1 visa's? Has the quota increased?

Thank You

Are you going to work at university or company?
If you are going to work for university you don't need to worry about quota, unless you are going to work for company.

Is there anyone waiting?

I am supposedly in the Master quota. I have a master degree from the states. Still waiting around! 5 weeks ago my employer told me he would file for express (premium) to get a response within 2 weeks! I asked how can you file for premium now and how can he file while he does not have a receipt number !?
After that he told me he received an inquiry and he responded
Till this minute I have no news! Anyone can tell me what is going on? Should I believe my employer? What else can I do? He says he applied april 8. He did not receive a confirmation number or anything.
I do not know if this would make a difference though I heard country of citizenship makes a difference!

Last edited by a moderator: