Master+2yr vs. Bachelor+5 yr?

Greentrouble

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

I am preparing my job description for PW. My lawyer prefers to put Master+2 yr instead of Bachelor +5yr, giving me the reason that she feels more comfortable with Master + 2yr. But based on the fact that I put supervision in my job description, my supervisor said it's more reasonable for a Bachelor+5 yr. As my title is an Engineer, both of these requirement may trigger an audit, now is the question, what's the difference btw Master+2yr to BS+5yr? Which one is better for auditing purpose?

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Master+2 yr Vs Bachelor +5yr

If you have a Masters Degree and 2 years experience I would say go for it... Bachelors + 5 years is an alternative combinations for Masters + 2 Years to file under EB2. Some of the initial denials were caused by this education + experience combinations for EB2. The possibility of audit being initiated is more in case of Bachelors + 5 years. Hope this helps.

Well. correct me if I am wrong, EB2/3 category has nothing to do with the Prevailing Wages, my understanding is if the job requirement is Master degree or BS degree + 5 yrs, you are qualified for EB2

Yes, prevailing wage has no such precondition on detemining EB2/3.
If you are asking for MS+2yrs and SWA gets back with a PW of 75K, you should be be good for EB-2 if you are earning 75K or above.

goofy101 said:
Well. correct me if I am wrong, EB2/3 category has nothing to do with the Prevailing Wages, my understanding is if the job requirement is Master degree or BS degree + 5 yrs, you are qualified for EB2

Future employment

I am considering moving to a new firm as senior s/w engineer. I was thinking of asking them to file for future employment of supervisor so that MS+2 would be "normal" for the job. Looks like you are doing the same. Did your lawyer see any problems areas with this - at any stage (maybe after LC)

Thanks,

PV
Greentrouble said:
Thank you all. I put Master+2 yrs and cross my fingers.

Greentrouble said:
Dear All,

I am preparing my job description for PW. My lawyer prefers to put Master+2 yr instead of Bachelor +5yr, giving me the reason that she feels more comfortable with Master + 2yr. But based on the fact that I put supervision in my job description, my supervisor said it's more reasonable for a Bachelor+5 yr. As my title is an Engineer, both of these requirement may trigger an audit, now is the question, what's the difference btw Master+2yr to BS+5yr? Which one is better for auditing purpose?

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Always assume the DOL will inquiry the business necessary and be prepared for the reply. If you can prove this necessity, what are you worried?