Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this PERM?

On September 8, 2004, the DOL requested OMB for its review and approval of electronic filing form of this form (employer part of the alien labor certification application) to seek comment from the public for a period of 30 days. It is published today with the comment period ending October 19, 2004. The form itself has not been published in the federal register, but the estimated annual use of this form is 100,000 by Permanent Labor Certification, 4,000 for Temporary Labor Certification for Agricultural Sector, and 8,000 for Temporary Labor Certification for Non-Agricultural section.

NOW processing RIR 05/03/2002

Anyway, we are moving...

As of 09/20/2004,

RIR : 05/03/2002

NON RIR : 04/27/2001

Good News

Just got an e-mail from my lawyer. Mine got forwarded to Philly on Sept 15th.
Its very nice to be with you all for the past two and half years. See you all in Philly Forum.

EB-2/RIR
MD SESA RD Date: 04/25/02
Forwarded to Region: 09/15/04

Good Luck to all!

CONGRATULATIONS : mdgc2001

CONGRATULATIONS : mdgc2001

Several people are saying reagarding the " Letters from BRC " ... Could u please REMEMBER US And please inform us when you receive the letter from BRC and APPROVAL..

CONGRATULATIONS & GOOD LUCK @ BRC

:eek: :) :cool:

Congrat mdgc2001, best of luck for your next stage.

I have a question regarding BRC vs. Philly DOL...

Is Philly DOL still receiving cases from SESAs or even all the new cases are going to BRC? If DOL has transfered all the cases to BRC and is not receiving any more cases, is it officially closed (temporarily or permanently)? Otherwise, there will be two queues in which federal level LC cases are being processed (1. BRC, 2. DOL).

I know most of us want to know the same and don't have an answer for it. Just wanted to bring this question up for discussion. Maybe the people getting state LC approved have an answer for it.....

Thanks

Thanks Venu2000, pgarg and yours_sincerely for your wishes.

Venu, I will check this forum and give you all updates about my case.

pgarg, the notification my lawyer got from MD SESA is a card that indicates the case has been transferred to USDOL. It does not mention Philly or BRC.

My guess is that the state is going to send the cases to Philly and philly has the authority to forward them to BRC.

mdgc2001

Does pending LC need amend for bankruptcy?

My company filed LC at MD almost 2 years ago and it's still pending at state level. My employer has been throught bankruptcy in last 2 years and recently emerged from bankruptcy. My H1 has been been amended because of this. Does anyone know if my LC needs to be amended or not? Thanks in advance.

Forwarded to USDOL

Just got news that after 2.5 years of wait my case moved to USDOL regional office. :)
I hope that things will keep moving at MD SESA and everybody will get through fast. Best of luck to everybody.

RIR
MD SESA RD Date: 04/23/02
Forwarded to Regional: 09/15/04
No RFE.

Same here, just found out from my lawyer

Mine was filed: Apr. 22, 2002 and was transferred to the regional office on Sep.14, 2004.

Beam said:
Mine was filed: Apr. 22, 2002 and was transferred to the regional office on Sep.14, 2004.

Hi Beam, Congratulations to you.

Did you get any NOF? Did your lawyer respond that NOF? If yes, when did he respond to that?

Here is my case detail:
MD SESA RD (RIR-EB3) : 02/12/2002
MD SESA NOF Response : 08/12/04

I haven't heard anything from my lawyer. When i called him last week, he said MD SESA is still processing my case.

Hi mjossan, Congratulations to you.

Did you get any NOF? Did your lawyer respond that NOF? If yes, when did he respond to that?

Here is my case detail:

I haven't heard anything from my lawyer. When i called him last week, he said MD SESA is still processing my case.

mjossan said:
Just got news that after 2.5 years of wait my case moved to USDOL regional office. :)
I hope that things will keep moving at MD SESA and everybody will get through fast. Best of luck to everybody.

RIR
MD SESA RD Date: 04/23/02
Forwarded to Regional: 09/15/04
No RFE.

anybody who filed in eb3, non-rir category got SESA labour cleared

Anybody who filed in non rir got SESA cleared filed in 2001?

Updated tracker

Best of luck to mjossan and beam at DOL.

Ppl who aplied after April 2002, please add your info in the tracker. That way it makes easier for us to know whats going on at MD SESA. Thanks.

No NOF.

whatheheck said:
Hi mjossan, Congratulations to you.

Here is my case detail:

DOL Backlog Elimination – September 2004 Update

The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) reported on September 17, 2004 that the labor certifications (LCs) pending at the Dallas and Philadelphia regional Department of Labor (DOL) offices are currently being transferred to the Backlog Reduction Centers in those cities. This is to be distinguished from the Labor Condition Application (LCA), which is only required for H1Bs or temporary work status. The LC is filed when an employer processes permanent residence or the green card for an employee or prospective employee.

Is Backlog Reduction a Reality?
In fact, not only is backlog reduction a reality, but DOL has changed the terminology it is using. Backlog Reduction Centers are now being called Backlog Elimination Centers. The new Directors for these Centers are Steve Stefanko in Philadelphia, PA and John Bartlett in Dallas, TX.

How Does Backlog Elimination Work?
As pending LC cases are transferred, the DOL will send letters to employers / sponsors and their attorneys to give notice that the cases have been transferred to the Backlog Reduction Centers and to request any additional information, including if the employer / sponsor wishes to continue with the LC processing for the employee/s. The employer must send a complete response to each letter within 45 days or the case/s will be closed.

Make the Response Timely and Complete
AILA is working with the DOL to get a reasonable application of this rule so that the DOL, in its desire to eliminate its backlog, does not reject hundreds or thousands of cases due to employers' failures to make timely and full responses, addressing all the issues. It is important for employers to work with knowledgeable and qualified immigration attorneys to respond effectively so that the case/s will be considered viable.

Rir May 03 - 2002

AVM Updated...

RIR -- MAY 03 2002.

Any body receives any info ( Those who filed before may 3 ) please update..And guys could u please check the process of BRC.. like is the state is forwarding the cases directly to BRC Like

State -- to -- BRC ?
Or
State - to -- Philly - TO - BRC ? which one is correct...

Check with the lawyers and let us know....

Cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.