Maryland SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
April 2001 Processing

I just spoke to a lady in Maryland SESA, and she told me if the federal government doesn\'t provide them with more funding to
hire more people, it will take them at least 2 years from now to finish the April 2001 cases (RIR and Non-RIR combined). The state
government is not responsible to funding LC, so they have notified the related fed gov, but no response yet. She told me that they received thousands of LC apps(possibly 10,000) in April last year, compared to 160 cases for an average month, and right now they
have 13,000 backlogs. She mentioned there are less RIR than Non-RIR, so of course RIR will be quicker (they put priority on RIR
as it is defined), but she couldn\'t provide a more accurate estimate.

I lost my hope......

I completely lost my hope......I thought my file must be in DOL but, it seems it is still in SESA.
SESA is so slow that it is still processing 4/19 since past 4 weeks. What to say ? Also, I am in my sixth year now.
I thought, Texas was the slowest but, now it seems, MD is the worst. Atleast, TX had done something to expedite there processing(both labor and 140). I don\'t know how long we will be waitng like this.

Write to Senators and Representatives

We are Maryland residents. I thinks one thing we can do is to write to Maryland Senators and Representatives to draw their attentions to this "backlog" issue. That may be helpful in some way. I urge all of you to act immediately for the interests of our own.

Contact info

I got some contact info to Senators and House Representatives. The more people write to them, the more possible a Senator or Representative will become aware of it. It would be also very helpful if you can get your employer to write to them to show their concerns about the long time their employees have to wait for LC. That\'s just "politics". If only a few of us write to them, it is more possibl for them to forget it soon. An aid to Senators or Representatives will read our letters/emails. If a lot of people show concern about the slow, long-waiting period for LC. An aid will very probably report to Senators/Representatives.

I think several points are important that all of us should mention--
1.) The current situation -- how many pending cases; how many staff
    to process cases; how many cases can be processed a day
2.) Compare with other states -- give evidence that other states like
    CA got new funds for LC processing; if anyone can make some
    search to give more evidence will be better.
3.) mention that Maryland SESA office has requested more funding for
    processing LC without any reply--to point out this is very, very
    important; this may expedite Senators/Representatives (or their
    aids) to call/write relevant departments to inquire about this.
4.) if you write to a Representative, write to one in your district.
    You can find a Representative in your district in the following
    URL.

Ladies and gentlemen, let\'s act now not for anyone else but for our own interests. We are taxpayer. We have the right to have own voice to be heard.

The 2 Senators\' Contact info:

The Honorable Barbara Mikulski D - MD
709 Hart Senate Office Building (202) 224-4654
Washington DC 20510
Email:senator@mikulski.senate.gov
http://www.senate.gov/~mikulski/

The Honorable Paul Sarbanes D - MD
309 Hart Senate Office Building (202) 224-4524
Washington DC 20510
Email: senator@sarbanes.senate.gov
http://www.senate.gov/~sarbanes/

House Representatives Info, go to the following URL:
http://e-mailunclesam.com/state_rep.cfm?StateOrProvince=Maryland

Movement!! Apr 23 for RIR and Mar 12 for Non-RIR

Recorded message SESA , MD May 2, 2002 heard at 6:10 p.m

Mdgc

I will write a letter to the senators and respresentatives

Thanks for the contact info. I think I will do one. It is encouraging to know that Maryland moved to April 23, but as far as I know,
The last 10 days of April 2001 has the most applications, and the total could be more than the first 20 days. On the other hand,
after finishing the April RIR cases, they still need more personnel to process NOn-RIR cases so that both of RIR and Non-RIR
can move faster. I think our letter can also include a petition of help from the senators/representatives of federal funding in hiring
more LC personnel for MD SESA . The lady I in MD SESA that I talked to this morning expressed her great concern of shortage
of personnel and bigger pressure.

Did you receieve your receipt? Your application might be lost...

SGW,

You should have received your receipt by now, even if your approval takes longer. I am telling you: your application might have been lost. I urge you to get in touch with your attorney to trace your application with the officers in MD SESA.

Please check my previous post...

Best Regards,

Odreda

No Title

I appreciate your concern odrea. But, I talked to my lawyer and they said that they had my receipt stating the receipt date as 4/20/01. SESA just had moved from 4/19-20 to 23. I will have to wait for couple of weeks more to see whether my application has reached DOL.I\'ll wait until 5/15. Let see than.

you should not worry

Considering that MD DOL has just finished processing April 20, you should not be worried at all. Your application should be on its way to Phili. To be sure, ask your lawyer about your case number, and you can trace your case with that number from Phili...

Best of luck,
odreda

Funding seems to be the problem to hire more people ...

Is there a legal way for us to contribute to the SESAs for hiring more people so that processing will be better. How much more money do they think they need ?

No movement - Apr 23 for RIR, Mar 12 for non-RIR

As per recorded message on May 13, 2002, 6:00 pm

What after April ??????

Friends,

Will the processing be sufficiently faster once all the pending cases for April\'2001 finishes ? Just want to know for keeping myself
rationally optimistic that things would move faster ?

I would appreciate your response.

-Deepak

I guess so...

Things will not be as bad as it is now. It should move faster.
But, who knows how long April is going to take ? If this is the speed April will take atleast 4 months.

More than 15K applications in April !!

I spoke to MD-SESA today and came to know that they have received around 15000 applications in April. Normally they process around 2000-3000 applications in a month.

It used to take around 4-5 months to process in normal times before march 2001. As Apr.30th was the deadline for illegal immigrants (245 XX), they have received bulk of the applications on Apr 30th itself.

As per my attorney MD state received around 10,000 applications on Apr 30th alone. So I do not see any hope of getting approvals soon and the date will stuck at Apr 30th.2001 for a long time.

As unemployment is highest in 19 years nobody is bothered to process the same in hurry...and now jobs are also not secure anymore for H1 guys..

So, I advice everybody -- including myself to make alternate plans.

Post some good ideas on alternate plans are welcome

Good Luck to all of you.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hope RIR is faster---it should be

If 10,000 cases are received on April 30, 2001, I would guess 9,000 out of these 10,000 are Non-RIR, because most people with
illegal status are not qualified for RIR (either because of their job category or because of their illegal status). So I would assume
people filing LC with RIR should not be that bad.

Looks like SESA doesn\'t know exactly how many cases they really received in April 2001, last time I talked to the lady in
SESA, she mentioned they received thousands of applications in April 01, and she stresses "maybe 10,000". She mentioned that it
could take them two years to finish processing all of these April applications(RIR and Non-RIR combined). But since you can see RIR is still moving much faster than Non-RIR (RIR 4/23, Non 3/12), I would assume we need to wait till the end of this year to see if
they can finish all April 01 RIR cases. We have six days left for April 01 (23,24,25,26,27,30), hopefully they can be done in the next
seven months before the end of this year.

Hope they dont follow VA state procedure

Read in one of the lawyers site that VA state is starting on doing non RIR cases for April after they finish with RIR and then start doing May RIR to finish the 245(i) cases once and for all.

Lets hope MD state dont follow this practise. Has anyone heard anything on this?

Reg another note of alternate plans... How about Canadian immigration- Anyone has any info on it?

Thanks All!

MD DOL will proceed to process RIR cases

I talked to MD DOL and asked them your question. They will *not* follow VA DOL procedure. They will keep processing RIR cases after April 30 without considering the backlog of non-RIR cases.

Best Regards,

odreda

No Title

If the 245(i) cases are really non-RIR and they are not processing them right now............then what explains the huge number of cases they received in April.........surely April should be similar to any ohter month..................

JA26

Status
Not open for further replies.