Marring us citizen but still married in another country

Samizozo1

I have been separated with wife 3 years ago, now I’m in USA but still married to her, when I applied visa I signed married as I didn’t want to lie to consulate now I have USA girlfriend and we planning to get married, does my marriage status will affect me as I’m still married in another country?

Just to clarify what happens if you don’t:
1. Bigamy is illegal in the US. Your new marriage is not valid and you’ve committed a crime.
2. You’ve jeopardized your chances of becoming a US citizen one day. The application specifically asks if you have ever been married to more than one person at a time. Saying yes = saying goodbye to citizenship- it is both illegal in the US and contrary to the good moral character requirement.

You did the right thing by being honest on your visa application of course, but you need to legally end that marriage before you can marry again in the US.

I have another questions Friends -- my wife put false 498A on me in INDIA and harassed me and my family alot.. she never came to USA as my dependent.. Can i file a divorce here in USA ?

I have another questions Friends -- my wife put false 498A on me in INDIA and harassed me and my family alot.. she never came to USA as my dependent.. Can i file a divorce here in USA ?

Your question is unrelated to this particular thread. You should have started your own thread.