• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

married after receiving notification

marsh

my girlfriend of 7 months received her green card winning notification in may 2007. So we consulted and decided to get married which we did in June. We filled the forms and sent them back to KCC, alongside the copy of the marriage cert

We received a notification for the interview which is scheduled for early September 2008. we have therefore been married for the last one and a half years.

What are our chances of going through the interview? She is 22 am 27, just cleared college

Make sure you have evidence that your marriage is genuine and not only because of the DV visa!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tazmania
I received letter from KCC:

Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate, along with English translations, should be provided with the completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms.

A spouse and/or eligible children, unmarried and under the age 21 must have the above forms completed and returned before KCC can make the necessary adjustments to your case. KCC will accept this information via postal mail, email, or fax. Information received at KCC after interview scheduling will be forwarded to the Embassy or the applicant may carry this information with them to their interview appointment.

Whay they wrote that subbmision might be acceptable.???
When You married do You need to wait longer for an interwiev than if You proceed single from original 1 documents You send to KCC?????

Thanks

Hi tazmania!
Thanx for your advice.
Now we havent been married for a long time and we are young so we havent aquired property togather yet, wat other source of evidence do you think we could present and should we wait for them to first request for it or we volunteer.
Thanx

If you have a joint bank account, that could work too as well as wedding photos. Beside, you need to show certain amount of money for both of you to be able to pass the poverty line.
I would say there is no need to volunteer those information unless they say so. But just have those handy, it never hurts.