• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Marriage

weeenz

Registered Users (C)
Had interview and was successful. Since then I have fallen in love with somebody I intend to marry.Be travelling in September. Is there a way my new found love can accompany me to the US? Should I marry her?
Please share.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you really love her then you should marry her regardless the process/time of bringing her with you. You should not ask people if you truly love her.
Now
if you marry then you have to apply for spouse immigrant visa like other green card holders do. It may take up to 3 to 5 years to bring her. There is no way you can bring her with you on September unless she already has an visa
Alternative, before marrigae she can herself apply for own nonimmigrant visa, then if she get it then come here with you and get married.

definitely not "3-5" years, but 5+ years.

It will be next to impossible to get her a derivative DV visa at this time, but you could try. There is a following-to-join method which will take so long she'll never make it in time. You could also try submitting her documents to the embassy/KCC and asking for an interview for her for a DV visa, but I don't think it's going to work.

Good news and Bad news for you friend

Had interview and was successful. Since then I have fallen in love with somebody I intend to marry.Be travelling in September. Is there a way my new found love can accompany me to the US? Should I marry her?
Please share.

My friends, you can not bring her here at this time, it will be very hard, but not possible. the best way is under Life act, There is two ways to bring her to USA fast one, you can you use K1 as fiancee, this way is very fast but you must travel to meet her take photos and keep all the evidences that you and her have actually met at one particular point and have known each other for at least 2 years. then you come back to USA, and file K1 visa form and wait for 4 months and she will get the visa to join you.

Second methods, you can use K3 visa, this means you must travel to meet her and married her in her home country , keep all the evidences, and come back to USA, then file form K3 form with appropriate form I-130, and wait about 4 to 6 months for her to get the visa to join you.

This is the only way that I know your lover can join fast, there are others ways but it will take too long for her to join you. Good luck my friend, I am in the same boat. I applied my application for my wife last month and I am still waiting.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
you forgot to mention that K1 and K3 visas are only available to US citizen's fiances and spouses. The original poster is about 5+ years away from being a US citizen, unless he joins the US army, in which case he will get his citizenship within a year. Well, of course, there is always a risk of being sent into a combat zone.

you can you use K1 as fiancee, this way is very fast but you must travel to meet her take photos and keep all the evidences that you and her have actually met at one particular point and have known each other for at least 2 years.
and that's not correct either. You have to have had at least one personal contact in the last two years. Not "know each other for two years".

You are right boss

you forgot to mention that K1 and K3 visas are only available to US citizen's fiances and spouses. The original poster is about 5+ years away from being a US citizen, unless he joins the US army, in which case he will get his citizenship within a year. Well, of course, there is always a risk of being sent into a combat zone.

and that's not correct either. You have to have had at least one personal contact in the last two years. Not "know each other for two years".

your are right , I must typed it fast and i did not reason the word known and meet, but your interpretation is right boss.

yes you can't bring her from your application, unless you are a USC, but since you are only a GC holder you have to wait 5 years to become a USC and then aply for her.
or you can do what the first 3 answer says... she applying by her self for a non-immigrant vissa, and ahen she gets there you guys get married.