Marriage with I-485 Pending

desi929

Registered Users (C)
I know this topic has been discussed a few times before...but I am just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this.

That being said, here's the situation, I have my I-485 pending (EB3 - India)with PD August 2002 and am looking to get married end of this year...around Dec 15th.

I am assuming this is kinda late to add a dependent to my Green Card application, so what other options do I have ?

Adding a dependent to my hopefully approved GC application, and getting my fiance over to US would probably take a few years. The other options that I am currently examining are F-1 visa, H-1 visa, Tourist visa (although not very popular with her parents). F-1 seems a lot easier as I am sure she can get admitted to some local college in US...H-1 might be a stretch.

Are there any other options avlb that I have not considered ?

Thanks to all !!

Are you working on EAD or H1? If you maintain H status then i don't see any issues, get married and bring her using H4 and wait for PD to become current to apply her 485.

If you are working on EAD then you have to try other options like H1 etc..

Good Luck

I just entered US with my wife after wedding abroad. I have maintained H1 status but was seeking admission on Advance parole as I did not have a valid H1 visa stamp on my passport although my wife had a valid H4 visa. The immigration officers objectioned a lot(demanding an H1 visa on my passport) but finally let us enter so although it worked however I would say it is a risky situation.

I am currently on EAD...I talked to a few lawyers about this and they are suggesting moving to H-1. Which is something that I am willing to do...however, the problem arises incase my GC gets approved sooner than expected.