Marriage visa if you haven't lived together

b1198951

Let's say I am already married to an American.

I live in the UK, and she lives in the US.

We've been married 2 years, but have never lived together. We have some shared holidays, and that's it.

Would it be possible to get in on a marriage visa, say, IR-1...?

I know that there are requirements, to show that it's a real marriage, such as, birth certificates of children, shared holidays, shared tenancy, shared property ownership, affadavits etc.

And my question is... would a shared holiday and some affadavits of relatives saying, oh yeah, they're really married... like, would that work?

No, it would NOT work... married people share more than just holiday... they share LIFE together.. and when they get married they can't stand being apart and start immigration proceedings right away... why to wait 2 years... why even get married??? Dumb a$$...

Let's say I am already married to an American.

I live in the UK, and she lives in the US.

We've been married 2 years, but have never lived together. We have some shared holidays, and that's it.

Would it be possible to get in on a marriage visa, say, IR-1...?

I know that there are requirements, to show that it's a real marriage, such as, birth certificates of children, shared holidays, shared tenancy, shared property ownership, affadavits etc.

And my question is... would a shared holiday and some affadavits of relatives saying, oh yeah, they're really married... like, would that work?

Do you have an explanation for why you stayed apart for 2 years without initiating any immigration process, either for you to move to the US for her to move the UK? Are either of you in the military? Did she recently become a US citizen?