marriage to US citizen

sorrayah

Registered Users (C)
hi guys,

can somebody explain me how does the immigration process based on marriage work? i know that i have to fill I-130 package. but do i need to take medical exam before sending I-130 or do i take medical exam during the process? please help.

sorrayah

hi guys,

can somebody explain me how does the immigration process based on marriage work? i know that i have to fill I-130 package. but do i need to take medical exam before sending I-130 or do i take medical exam during the process? please help.

sorrayah

Waiting for other people with experience.
I-130 is the petition, like I-140 for employment base. You don’t need medical exam unless you adjust status concurrently (I-485), if so, you need medical exam. Am I right folks?

what does this post have to do with J or K visas? there is a healthy discussion of this in the appropriate thread.

The poster is an au pair on a J-1 visa that is apparently not subject to HRR. I assume you are still IN STATUS?

In that case, you may be eligible to apply for your I-130 and I-485 concurrently, as you are married to a US citizen. So MMED is correct. If you are only applying for the I-130 petition now, you don't need the medical exam, etc. But if you are also applying to adjust status (I-485), then you do need the medical exam, the biographic sheet, the affidavit of support, etc.

thank you very much for your response. you made it more clear to me.
yes, i am an au pair with J1 visa without 2 years HRR (expairation date September 2007). so i am still in status.
thanks